Smartwatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Price

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Can anyone recommend a smart watch that works with libre 2 on android (samsung) and displays BG levels without getting phone out and unlocking when cycling & running... etc

Can anyone recommend a smart watch that works with libre 2 on android (samsung) and displays BG levels without getting phone out and unlocking when cycling & running... etc
If you're OK using unapproved software, Juggluco and Xdrip+ offer watch support. (I use Juggluco with a Pixel phone and a Pixel Watch; I imagine it'll work as well with a Samsung watch (which is likely slightly better with a Samsung phone, and I think a little cheaper).)

I'm sure there are other ways to do it.

My Libre 2 works with my Samsung galaxy watch, you cannot view your levels like you would on your phone, but it will alert you with your chosen High and Low number if you reach those, So say I'm running high my watch with Alert me with "High Glucose 13.5mmol" Kind of thing. really helpful especially if you want to know during exercising without taking your phone out all the time.

If you're OK using unapproved software, Juggluco and Xdrip+ offer watch support. (I use Juggluco with a Pixel phone and a Pixel Watch; I imagine it'll work as well with a Samsung watch (which is likely slightly better with a Samsung phone, and I think a little cheaper).)

I'm sure there are other ways to do it.

Can you use Juggluco and Libre 2 official app on Android phone (Pixel say) at the same time?

Can you use Juggluco and Libre 2 official app on Android phone (Pixel say) at the same time?
Yes, but LibreLink doesn't get the Bluetooth signals (so you need to scan every 8 hours and it doesn't give alarms). And you'll likely have to open it before scanning (otherwise there's an ambiguity over which app you want to use for the NFC).

Yes, but LibreLink doesn't get the Bluetooth signals (so you need to scan every 8 hours and it doesn't give alarms). And you'll likely have to open it before scanning (otherwise there's an ambiguity over which app you want to use for the NFC).
As far as I know LibreLink has alarms for High / Low sugars. Also I can scan the LibreLink without opening it.

My Libre 2 works with my Samsung galaxy watch, you cannot view your levels like you would on your phone.
Hello, I only just got a Galaxy watch 4. (They seem to be going cheap since the advent of the 5?) downloading from the store “Gwatch wear app” on my phone & watch which gave the choice of two face skins in the “Galaxy wear app.” I was able to do this.

You_Doodle_2024-05-31T18_33_46Z.jpeg

As far as I know LibreLink has alarms for High / Low sugars. Also I can scan the LibreLink without opening it.
If you also use Juggluco, Juggluco will take the Bluetooth signal so I'm pretty sure you'll lose the alarms from LibreLink. Juggluco will then provide alarms, so you don't lose the alarms, it's just that a different app will be providing them (with different configuration, of course).

It may well be that it's possible to tell Android that you want LibreLink when scanning by default. I suspect I just wasn't paying proper attention for that.

For me on on the last 3 Android phones I’ve had when I touch the NFC to the sensor it opens & scans with librelink by defalt.
I suspect if you install another app which could be used (like Juggluco) the next time you scan you get asked which app you'd like to use and whether you'd like to make that the default or to be asked each time. Something like that, anyway. So I presume there's a setting somewhere or other and that can be resolved whichever way you want.

Just found it. It's the "Launch via NFC" permission. If the only application with that turned on is LibreLink then LibreLink gets launched. (I just turned it off for Juggluco and LibreLink gets launched when I scan, but if I launch Juggluco then scanning works with that too. Which makes it slightly more convenient for my use.)

I suspect if you install another app which could be used (like Juggluco) the next time you scan you get asked which app you'd like to use and whether you'd like to make that the default or to be asked each time. Something like that, anyway. So I presume there's a setting somewhere or other and that can be resolved whichever way you want.

Just found it. It's the "Launch via NFC" permission. If the only application with that turned on is LibreLink then LibreLink gets launched. (I just turned it off for Juggluco and LibreLink gets launched when I scan, but if I launch Juggluco then scanning works with that too. Which makes it slightly more convenient for my use.)
You are quite correct. 🙂 It’s a shame librelink don’t do the same thing for the NFC recognising the Novopen 6, too.

I bought a refurbished Samsung galaxy watch from Amazon only £58 . I joined Diabox Facebook forum who are brilliant in helping you set up Diabox on your phone. So you can use libre 2 sensor with Diabox to view continuous blood glucose, you can't start sensor with libre app., start it with Diabox. Then in the playstore download G- Watch app . Connect it to Diabox then your watch and it's done. Best thing going!!

I bought a refurbished Samsung galaxy watch from Amazon only £58 . I joined Diabox Facebook forum who are brilliant in helping you set up Diabox on your phone. So you can use libre 2 sensor with Diabox to view continuous blood glucose, you can't start sensor with libre app., start it with Diabox. Then in the playstore download G- Watch app . Connect it to Diabox then your watch and it's done. Best thing going!!

Looked into this as well. The problem with not starting Libreview is that you loose Libreview data online. I am looking at Satan's little helper post which uses Librelinkup which does not effect Libre app or Libreview.

Hope you are able find a ‘glancable’ option that works for you @Kevin Price 🙂

Looked into this as well. The problem with not starting Libreview is that you loose Libreview data online. I am looking at Satan's little helper post which uses Librelinkup which does not effect Libre app or Libreview.
Oh I see .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back