Smartwatch Combability

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucyP

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I recently moved on to the dexcom g6, I am looking to buy a smartwatch to be able to sugar levels on my wrist but compatibility is confusing me. Anyone have any tips for watches that work well? As long as a watch is compatible with the dexcom app I don't need any other features.

Judging by https://www.dexcom.com/en-GB/compatibility/dexcom-g6-app it looks like a variety of watches will work. So if you're using an iPhone choose whichever Apple Watch you like and if you're using an Android phone do similarly with the watches from that column. I suspect they'll all work fairly similarly, though newer ones (especially Android ones) will tend to be a bit faster than older ones (Wear OS had a justified reputation for being really pretty slow, largely because of the devices).

Judging by https://www.dexcom.com/en-GB/compatibility/dexcom-g6-app it looks like a variety of watches will work. So if you're using an iPhone choose whichever Apple Watch you like and if you're using an Android phone do similarly with the watches from that column. I suspect they'll all work fairly similarly, though newer ones (especially Android ones) will tend to be a bit faster than older ones (Wear OS had a justified reputation for being really pretty slow, largely because of the devices).
Thank you! I'm use an iPhone so am pretty confident an apple watch would work but was wondering how sure I can be that fitbits will work as a cheaper option since I'm not too fussed about other features which is less clear on the dexcom website as from what I can figure out you download separate watch face apps (this could be completely wrong) such as connect IQ for garmin.

As I understand it Fitbit and Garmin do have a more complicated situation, because you need some third party application (and different of their watches can run different apps). I think there can be regional restrictions too (where some applications are only available in the US market). And I really can't help much (I use Libre 2, not Dexcom, and an Android phone).

I have a G6 with an Android Samsung A51 and Fitbit Sense running with a Glance watchface and that works for me. It also works with a G7. You need the compatible phone for it to work with the Sense, but I don't know whether an iphone would be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back