smart watches

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynnie2

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Does anyone use a smart watch which tells them if their sugars are getting low or too high

Do you mean from CGM like Libre or Dexcom on a mainstream smart watch, or one of the many snake oil watches that are now everywhere? If the latter then save your money, they're all worthless.

Does anyone use a smart watch which tells them if their sugars are getting low or too high
I've yet to read a decent review of the blood glucose function of any of them. The other health functions seem to work better. In fact, I think I read on the NHS website that they regard them to be so inaccurate as to be dangerous to diabetics. I imagine they'll be an option in the future as the tech is developed further.

Hello @lynnie2,
If you are looking for a smart watch that sits in isolation on your wrist and magically tells you your bg - I think that at present there is not such a device that works reliably enough to have gained accreditation in UK for medical use. It seems to be a pipe-dream that understandably has a great potential commercial value, and which might be good enough for possible use in sports. But not for real medical purposes.

If you want to link it to a CGM, such as Freestyle Libre 2 or Dexcom G6 or G7 then there are watches that will pick up transmissions from android or iphones, which in turn use manufacturers CGM apps to capture CGM sensor data. Currently no watches capture data direct from a sensor, they each need the intermediate phone app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back