Smart watches

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonia1988

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello, I've been trying to buy a smart watch which will allow me to view my dexcom readings on the watch face. I'm trying to get a definite answer before wasting money on a watch that isn't compatible! I'm interested in the galaxy 4 watch, does anyone use dexcom with this watch or similar please?

Not that helpful but I use Libre2 and an app called Shuggah so that it’s visible on my Apple Watch very easily.
I don’t know if Shuggah have an android app but I know dexcom is an option in their drop-down menu to select your CGM.
It’s useful as it writes current values to a calendar and that’s very easy to read on the watch.
Might be worth looking in your App Store and seeing if Shuggah will do what you need it to do any display on Galaxy 4.

Hello, I've been trying to buy a smart watch which will allow me to view my dexcom readings on the watch face. I'm trying to get a definite answer before wasting money on a watch that isn't compatible! I'm interested in the galaxy 4 watch, does anyone use dexcom with this watch or similar please?
Which dexcom?

Not that helpful but I use Libre2 and an app called Shuggah so that it’s visible on my Apple Watch very easily.
I don’t know if Shuggah have an android app but I know dexcom is an option in their drop-down menu to select your CGM.
It’s useful as it writes current values to a calendar and that’s very easy to read on the watch.
Might be worth looking in your App Store and seeing if Shuggah will do what you need it to do any display on Galaxy 4.
Is the Shuggah app working well since the new CGM update?

Is the Shuggah app working well since the new CGM update?
Absolutely fine.
Sometimes loses connection but nothing more than it ever did before.
I’m not on insulin so it’s not a matter of life and death for me though.

Absolutely fine.
Sometimes loses connection but nothing more than it ever did before.
I’m not on insulin so it’s not a matter of life and death for me though.
Thanks Colin. How did it work before the CGM update? You'd scan on your phone and it would just update the smartwatch app - no real-time data, right?

It functioned as a de facto CGM. I have the Libre app and Shuggah on my iPhone. I use the Libre one as back up if Shuggah falls over.
The key thing I use it for is that Shuggah can write BG values to my calendar constantly. I’ve set up a BG calendar for that purpose. So all I need to do to check current levels is open up the calendar on my watch or phone and voilà it’s there.

I have it set without any high or low alarms as they’re not necessary for me.

If I’m driving then via Apple CarPlay the BG levels are displayed in a pop up calendar notification complete with trend arrow so it’s very easy to keep an eye on things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back