Smart Watch/Freestyle Libre 2 compatability.

brynleyjones

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi

Ive been a type 2 diabetic for 25 years and have been on Insulin for the past 18 months. This has vastly improved my blood sugar level. I use Freestyle Libre 2 to monitor my levels and have a Samsung Galaxy S21 Android phone. Can anyone suggest a smartwatch which is compatible with Freestyle Libre 2 and will give me live BS readings?

Hi @brynleyjones
I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 & I bought a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 (they're cheaper now) a couple of years ago, before I was diagnosed. I then installed GluRoo on my phone & watch. GluRoo links to the Abbott's LibreLinkUp site for the readings.
They only offer a single watch face, but it works! Just remember to take your phone with you because the reading all go through the phone!
wearos-gluroo.jpg
They are now working with data complications so you can insert rudimentary data on other watch faces with the developers actively developing the GluRoo suite. This also means you can change the complications on this face (though on the watch directly only - long press)
-DJ

Hi

Ive been a type 2 diabetic for 25 years and have been on Insulin for the past 18 months. This has vastly improved my blood sugar level. I use Freestyle Libre 2 to monitor my levels and have a Samsung Galaxy S21 Android phone. Can anyone suggest a smartwatch which is compatible with Freestyle Libre 2 and will give me live BS readings?

This page might give you an overview of options?

Android users: Galaxy watch 4 is relatively cheap now so I'd go for that (it's the one I have) - download juggluco on your phone (you'll have to google it as it's not in play store) - then download G-Watch Wear app on phone and watch and it works perfectly - I took this pic a couple of days ago...Watch.jpg

I’m still quite new to CGM
TBH slightly not right up there with technology these days

Im using Libra2Plus and looking for a smartwatch that can synchronise
am I right in thinking the libra sensors need the phone to stay in range to then connect phone to smartwatch?

Is there any CGM straight to watch option for libra users
I’m not looking for an iPhone so needs to be Samsung compatible

Is the Samsung Watch4 still the best option I see they can now be purchased quite cheaply but ideally looking for sensor to watch, thanks

Im using Libra2Plus and looking for a smartwatch that can synchronise
am I right in thinking the libra sensors need the phone to stay in range to then connect phone to smartwatch?
That's how I use it, yes. I have a Pixel 6a and a Pixel Watch (the original one), and always have my phone with me. I use Juggluco, which does offer a direct watch to sensor mode, but it always looked like it wouldn't be worth it for me (it sounds like it's not that reliable and I'd just as soon carry my phone), https://www.juggluco.nl/JugglucoWearOS/index.html

Although the main page doesn't mention Libre 2 Plus, the changelog suggests it started working properly in 8.0.24: https://www.juggluco.nl/Juggluco/changes.html

(Main page is https://www.juggluco.nl/Juggluco/index.html?unit=mmol/L )

There's also xDrip+ (which offers lots more features including multiple levels of alarms and things). Doesn't seem to mention support for Libre 2 Plus, but surely it does? https://xdrip.readthedocs.io/en/latest/install/usethedoc/

I think some people (maybe many people?) have used just the LibreLink notifications and got those to appear on watches. That would require your phone, of course. Similarly using LibreLinkUp (which I think some have mentioned using).

There's also xDrip+ (which offers lots more features including multiple levels of alarms and things). Doesn't seem to mention support for Libre 2 Plus, but surely it does? https://xdrip.readthedocs.io/en/latest/install/usethedoc/
I don't know either off hand, though even for the libre2 it required OOP2 (and the right version downloaded from a random website) so I'd instead recommend running Juggluco to talk to the sensor and then run XDrip+ as a nicer (IMO) UI with it set to accept data via a local "Android Intent" provided by Juggluco's emulation of the patched librelink app.

I've just had a serious play around, and have finally managed to get my BG level showing and working on the watch face that I've used for years (over different watches).

I have a Samsung watch 6. I use a sensor and Librelink.

The short version of the instructions are.

Install Librelinkup to your phone and connect that to LibreLink.

Install Gluroo, to your phone also and connect that to the librelinkup that you have just installed.

Now you can customise the watch face as you want, as long as it's customisable. I have switched the position of the battery and the BG level, which makes it easier to read now.

Gluroo will also show your BG on your phones lock screen for you, and it also continually shows your BG level in the notification panel at the top of your phone screen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241015_214934_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20241015_214934_Gallery.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20241015_215648_Galaxy Watch6 Manager.jpg
    Screenshot_20241015_215648_Galaxy Watch6 Manager.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20241016_190121.jpg
    20241016_190121.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 20241016_190353.jpg
    20241016_190353.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I've just had a serious play around, and have finally managed to get my BG level showing and working on the watch face that I've used for years (over different watches).

I have a Samsung watch 6. I use a sensor and Librelink.

The short version of the instructions are.

Install Librelinkup to your phone and connect that to LibreLink.

Install Gluroo, to your phone also and connect that librelinkup that you have just installed.

Now you can customise the watch face as you want, as long as it's customisable. I have switched the position of the battery and the BG level, which makes it easier to read now.

Gluroo will also show your BG on your phones lock screen for you, and it also continually shows your BG level in the notification panel at the top of your phone screen.
Magnificent work

Back