smart pix for nano

Status
Not open for further replies.

bev

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi all,
Anyone use the smart pix for the nano?

A has a school meter and a home meter - can you combine the 2 to get a more accurate picture?
Also, the home meter is showing the 'mean BG' as 8.2
The school meter is showing as 6.1.

I am useless at maths - is there a way of working out the total 'mean BG'?

I realise the 8.2 is still awful - but we have only had the pump for 18 days - and his last hba1c was 9.5! So i think we are heading in the right direction - just need to do some more tweaking!🙂

Hope your all ok and enjoying the gorgeous weather.🙂Bev

Really sorry I cant help you there Bev (Im sure someone will though!). Have you googled to find their website? There might be something there. Im sure their customer service people would try and help you out.

Hope you and the family have a lovely weekend Bev!

Lou x

Well, the average between the two meters is 7.15, but that won't be a true mean of the two, you'd only be able to work that out by using the all the readings from each meter to calculate it as it may be, for example, that you've done a lot more readings on one than the other.

I don't know anything about the smart pix but you can get some software that isn't aligned to a particular meter and I believe some let you download from more than one meter. Just be cautious of what you're downloading to your computer. One I used was called SiDiary, I didn't find it as easy to use as the one touch software I now use but it did the maths fine!

Hi bev,

I don't have smartpix, but I do have Accuchek compass software and that combines the data from my aviva and my nano, no problem so I would imagine the smartpix does too.🙂

Bev

Smartpix software allows you to register as many accu-chek devices as you need, I've got 3 on mine. It will then merge all your data and produce you a pretty comprehensive report too. It gives means, standard deviations and - most usefully for me - graphs. Can do weekly to 4 weekly reports. Once got the hang of it I found it very easy to use although making sure press 2 buttons on top of the nano at the same time is more tricky than I anticipated and would be difficult for anyone with reduced mobility in their fingers

Hope this helps

Vanessa

...although making sure press 2 buttons on top of the nano at the same time is more tricky than I anticipated and would be difficult for anyone with reduced mobility in their fingers

Hope this helps

Vanessa

I have exactly the same problem with the nano Vanessa! Sometimes takes me 10 goes until I almost feel like giving up!😱

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back