smaller juice cartons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patricia

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Okay this is a really really specific question, but here goes: does anyone know of smaller juice carton sizes than 200mls? My son depends on apple juice for hypo treatment, but we are beginning to suspect that 200mls is very often just too much, and may set up a swing situation...

150mls would be perfect. Does anyone use juice, and if so, which brand?

Thanking you...

J has full sugar Ribena for a hypo. He takes 100mls which is half a carton. Obviously the other half gets wasted but haven't been able to find a 100mls carton. The Ribena works really well for him and he loves it, I never let him drink it before he was diagnosed so he's delighted!!!

Whether you can get cartons or just bottles/cans I'm not sure but worth looking near the alcohol section of supermarkets at the mixers, I get the small cans of coke etc which you can find there.

I often use juice too but usually go for 200ml.

Thanks guys. I'll let you know if I find out anything else...I think there may be bottles of 100ml juice, but he can't carry that with him....

I would give quite a lot for my son to tolerate either fizzy drink or Ribena! He hates both. We are stuck with juice for the moment.

You can get these Calyspo juice shots (I've seen them in sainsbury's, but I'm sure other places would sell them as well) that are 85ml, and about 10g carbs each. Would those be any good?

You can get these Calyspo juice shots (I've seen them in sainsbury's, but I'm sure other places would sell them as well) that are 85ml, and about 10g carbs each. Would those be any good?

Ooh i havent seen these! They would be great for a not-so-low-hypo - just to give a kick. Often A has been 4.1 at 3am and we dont really want to give the 15cho and he is so sleepy that we have to monitor how much he is drinking - so this would be great. Also good for p.e. at school. I will go and have a look today. Thanks.🙂Bev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back