Slimming World - any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelb1uk

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all...

Am joining slimming world tonight, have lost half a stone by myself in the last 2 weeks but need something to keep me going...know nothing about slimming world tho hehehe!!

Anyone doing/ever done it????? xxx

Hi, I am doing Slimming World at the moment. Not sticking rigidly to their food optimising plan and said right from the start I needed the discipline of a weekly weigh-in to make sure I did not give up or "start next week". Have lost 1st 10lbs in 15 weeks so pleased.

I like staying for the group and have a good laugh. They are learning about diabetes just like I am - whether they want to or not!!!!

thanks Marg, I am joining for the same reason..just to keep me on track, well done for your weight loss thats great 🙂 xxx

thanks becky 🙂 xxxxx misssss yooooo x

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :( xxxxxx

I just wanted to say you've done brilliantly on your own so far losing half a stone in 2 weeks 😱😉 more than I've lost in two weeks!

I just wanted to ask you what you've been doing to achieve that I've lost 1stone so far but the last week I haven't lost anything at all even though I've been really good :confused: lately.

Good luck with slimming world xx

Hi - I did Slimming World for YEARS on and off. Not sure I could do it now that I have the dreaded D as the reason it worked for me was that you can eat lots of carby things if you're having a green day - unlimited pasta, rice, potatoes etc, which is obviously not a good thing now. I have ZERO willpower, so telling me not to, and have a nice juicy apple or pile of carrot sticks instead just don't cut it for me!

But good luck, and well done everyone who's managed to lose weight, either with or without a slimming group.

xx
PS Shelley - if it's any inspiration at all, my friend lost over 9 stone with Slimming World, and she used to eat for England while she was on the plan!!

I just wanted to say you've done brilliantly on your own so far losing half a stone in 2 weeks 😱😉 more than I've lost in two weeks!

I just wanted to ask you what you've been doing to achieve that I've lost 1stone so far but the last week I haven't lost anything at all even though I've been really good :confused: lately.

Good luck with slimming world xx

thanks hun, before the last two weeks I was a serial binge eater + massive portions of everything hehe.....have cut out snacking and cut down portion and it seems to have worked really well 🙂 sure it will platoe soon tho hence why I have joined slimming world... do you belong to a slimming club???

Hi - I did Slimming World for YEARS on and off. Not sure I could do it now that I have the dreaded D as the reason it worked for me was that you can eat lots of carby things if you're having a green day - unlimited pasta, rice, potatoes etc, which is obviously not a good thing now. I have ZERO willpower, so telling me not to, and have a nice juicy apple or pile of carrot sticks instead just don't cut it for me!

But good luck, and well done everyone who's managed to lose weight, either with or without a slimming group.

xx
PS Shelley - if it's any inspiration at all, my friend lost over 9 stone with Slimming World, and she used to eat for England while she was on the plan!!

woohoo thats good to know 🙂 I'm hoping to lose about 2-3 stone but will see how I go, its quite complex but il get used to it! Also they have an orange day now which is more mixed carb wise I think??? xxx

No I don't, I've got the motivation but just not losing any weight at the minute although it's probably all the hypo's I'm having (nothing is ever simple when your diabetic is it). I'll have to see what happens when I weigh myself at the end of this week x

thanks hun, before the last two weeks I was a serial binge eater + massive portions of everything hehe.....have cut out snacking and cut down portion and it seems to have worked really well 🙂 sure it will platoe soon tho hence why I have joined slimming world... do you belong to a slimming club???

Does this mark an end to the notorious profiterole-feasts? 🙂

I have found that joining Slimming World - it could have been any of that type of thing - I am more conscious of what I am eating. The weight is coming off steadily and because I feel so much better, I can do more exercise, like walking round the park or nosying in neighbouring streets etc.

I had also started to lose weight before joining but knew it would go back on if I didn't 'get serious'. Being the tight wad I am, by paying a weekly sub of ?5 I want my money's worth so to overeat would be just wasting money.

It works for me.

No I don't, I've got the motivation but just not losing any weight at the minute although it's probably all the hypo's I'm having (nothing is ever simple when your diabetic is it). I'll have to see what happens when I weigh myself at the end of this week x

yeah hypos are rubbish when dieting, cos the intense sugar cravings arent exactly a help!! Good for you having the motivation 🙂 bet u surprise your self when you weigh in 🙂 xxxxx

Does this mark an end to the notorious profiterole-feasts? 🙂

im afraid so, I am allowed 5-15 sins a day, profiteroles are 14 sins, and thats only for a 'normal' portion 😱

Northe I plan to eat lots of dust!!!! 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back