Slim down, Tory MP tells 'large bottomed' commuters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Tory MP Anne Milton complained about being ‘squashed’ by a ‘large-bottomed man’ sitting next to her on the train yesterday.

The former public health minister, who has campaigned against obesity, urged overweight commuters to slim down to ensure they can fit into the seats properly.

Mrs Milton managed to get a seat on the crowded 7.34am train to London yesterday. The Guildford MP tweeted: ‘Seats free on 7.34 but in the middle seat of three. Small-bottomed man to my left but a very large-bottomed man to my right, who is asleep with his arms crossed on his ample stomach, which makes that squashed feeling seem so much worse somehow.’

When she was a public health minister from 2010 to 2012 she controversially suggested that GPs should tell people they are fat rather than obese to help them lose weight.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ister-complains-squashed-man-sitting-her.html

Good grief, how rude! The trains I used to travel on had seats that could barely contain my backside perhaps the solution I was looking for all those years was to lose weight. There I was thinking the train companies need trains not built in the pre Jurassic period when people were 4 ft tall. Who knew 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back