Slightly Puzzled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emzi

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi All

Just a quick question really my morning bloods have comfortably been in between 5-7 for the last few weeks which im really happy with, i then inject 15 units, even though im carb counting this amount has always kept me level for lunch time so i tend to inject 15 in the morning 15 for lunch as my meals rarely change and then i carb count at dinner because my meal varies.

Anyway for the past 3/4 days my bloods as i said have usually been 5-6 with the odd 7 and i have my bowl of fruit and fibre i inject but my lunch times bloods have been coming in at 10 and i dont understand why?
I havent done anything different, my breatfast is the same, my injection is the same, i dont snack between breakfast and lunch and i wash my hands before testing but stil coming up at 10, so im slightly puzzled and wonder if anyone has any ideas why its happening?

Thanks
Em 🙂

Any difference in exercise, walking to work or anything like that?

What is the time difference between the breakfast injection and the lunchtime test? Just wondering if the insulin is still working at that time.

Since your other readings look good, maybe you just need to tweak the breakfast dose. Have you tried increasing it at all to see if that affects the lunchtime reading?

Just a thought...

One day you may have a different breakfast or lunch! It could be worth looking at how many carbs you are eating at breakfast and lunch and the units of Insulin you've been taking to work out what your ratios are/were for those meals, then maybe as Nikki says try and tweak it so you are a bit lower pre lunch, obviously trying not to go hypo. But as Nikki says maybe there are other factors at play, stress, exercise... PS well done on not munching between meals, you deserve a medal!!

Cheers

Rossi 🙂

It may just be a blip. How are you feeling healthwise? Folks sometimes go up when they are getting a cold or something.

Hi guys thanks for your replies,
i have the same thing to eat every breakfast - a bowl of fruit and fibre and i have the same lunch everyday and the same time difference too, breakfast at 7.30am lunch at 12-12.15pm i know this sounds boring but its just simple for me and i enjoy it. I thought about increasing it but it was working fine before and i have lovely lunchtime readings.
I have been very stressed with work and personal issues but they havent effected any other readings which is what is puzzling.

Rossi - its taking a while to get away from snacking and i still fight the urge when i hear the BapVan to go get a pasty but at work i seem to control it, its weekends that are my nemisis at the moment :D

Healthwise im fine - no poorlyness, i hope it is just a blip.

The only thing ive done differently is taking probiotic tablets in the morning so im going to check the label when i get in and see if they have any sugar content and if they would effect the reading.

Thanks 🙂

Hi Emzi,
Glad the card counting is going well. I find i need more insulin in the morning to cover carbs than other time of day. Apparently your body has different insulin resistance at certain times of the day. My DSN said most people find they need more in the morning. I take 1.5 units of insulin in the morning for every 10grams of card and 1 unit of insulin for every 10g the rest of the day. x x

update

I think im going to have to increase my morning insulin which is something I really didnt want to do :( this morning my blood was 4.7 and I had my normal bowl of fruit and fibre and a small coffee - 1 sweetner and I injected 15 units of novo, ive had 1 more coffee since then and at 11.55am its 11.9!!!!! 😱

I just dont get it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back