Slightly off topic but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile4loubie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I need you all to sign this petition for me. You are all very supportive of my fight with diabetes but I also have another fight on my hands.
Some of you are aware I have only one hand and I have recently found out there is so help when it comes to paying for adaptions to make it safe to drive. the motability scheme is a great one if only it worked. To qualify for that you must be on the highest rate of Disability Living Allowance which most people with an upper limb deficiency aren't as this is usually only given to those who have trouble physically walking. Adaptions to cars for people with upper limb defienceies cost from ?1300 upwards. When I got my car adapted the first time I was very lucky as I had money saved up for it but now mine is broken and I need to buy a new one which I can't afford. Please sign the petition I am going to take to the government to try and get funding to help us out.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/upperlimbadaptions/

Many thanks for your support with my diabetes and the support you give me for this!

xx

Done it !!

Best of Luck in getting your funding x

I don't know how you do it, but there is a way of putting petitions on the No 10 website.

A few people here have had quite a bit of success with their petitions.

Anyway, signed for you. The DLA has some wonderful quirks in it. There had been rumours during the summer that it was being scrapped and local authorities would apply support as required instead of DLA... that has fallen by the wayside, however, the AA will be changed for the over 60's in the future.

Thank you everyone for your support. I knew I could count on you guys.. Your the best!!!!

Done your petition, Good luck Scott

Wow, it's terrible they don't pay for it! I thought you would get the whole car free. Signed 🙂

Signed it too - you know they dont class blindness as a disability either, my sister's partner has really struggled to get help too. Ridiculous.

Best of luck xx

Signed and good luck xx

You can get the car if you give up your DLA but you can only do that if you are on the highest rate. It is unbelievable that there is not more help out there for everything and that it is so divided and strict.

Done it - good luck. Dodger

Signed. I hope it works.

Cheers guys and gals for your support you don't know how much I appriciate for this and my diabetes!!! I dunno where I would be without you all now!! xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back