Slightly confused this morning!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura22

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Right, at 10pm last night,my BG was 8.3mmol, I went to bed and woke around 1:30 having a hypo. Around 3.8mmol. I can't figure out how to get past figures up on my Contour! I had some bread, butter and honey and it went back up to 4.7mmol so I went back to sleep.

I woke this morning with a BG of 10mmol which I thought was OK considering I'd had honey!

I did my 30 units of Levemir and had two slices of toast and took 10 units of Novorapid. I've just checked a few minutes ago and it's at 11.3mmol!

How and why??

Also, the strange thing is that I feel quite low. I have checked it twice aswell so I don't think it's the meter playing up

Right, at 10pm last night,my BG was 8.3mmol, I went to bed and woke around 1:30 having a hypo. Around 3.8mmol. I can't figure out how to get past figures up on my Contour! I had some bread, butter and honey and it went back up to 4.7mmol so I went back to sleep.

I woke this morning with a BG of 10mmol which I thought was OK considering I'd had honey!

I did my 30 units of Levemir and had two slices of toast and took 10 units of Novorapid. I've just checked a few minutes ago and it's at 11.3mmol!

How and why??

give the insulin time to work.

Also, waking so high will be the post hypo spike. It often happens to me after an overnight hypo. They say to only have 10g carbs to treat a hypo to avoid the spike.

Ahh thank you!

I did do the Novorapid about 8am so presumed it would have worked by now but I didn't know that about the hypo! *makes a mental note*

I'll be checking again at 12 🙂

Ahh thank you!

I did do the Novorapid about 8am so presumed it would have worked by now but I didn't know that about the hypo! *makes a mental note*

I'll be checking again at 12 🙂

was it white bread? That stuff is EVIL i tell you EVIL! That can cause quite a nasty spike with some people.

was it white bread? That stuff is EVIL i tell you EVIL! That can cause quite a nasty spike with some people.

Oh dear! Yes it was. Well, that "best of both" stuff by Hovis.

I'm going to ask my Mum to start getting me brown bread. Or granary? Don't know which has less carbs?

Oh dear! Yes it was. Well, that "best of both" stuff by Hovis.

I'm going to ask my Mum to start getting me brown bread. Or granary? Don't know which has less carbs?

anything wholemeal tends to work a bit better - its a *something* GI which means its released slower...or something :confused: I know what I mean but still unsure of the terminology

anything wholemeal tends to work a bit better - its a *something* GI which means its released slower...or something :confused: I know what I mean but still unsure of the terminology

Wouldn't it be the slow released energy or something along those lines? I know what you're trying to say lol. I'm not good of the terminology either! I think my Mum's doing a Tesco order soon so I'll ask her for wholemeal 🙂

Wouldn't it be the slow released energy or something along those lines? I know what you're trying to say lol. I'm not good of the terminology either! I think my Mum's doing a Tesco order soon so I'll ask her for wholemeal 🙂

something like that :confused: lol

I've just spoken to her about wholemeal bread and she said she'll get some in 🙂

Result! lol

I've just spoken to her about wholemeal bread and she said she'll get some in 🙂

Result! lol

Granary, oatmeal or some kind of seeded bread is better than wholemeal - the GI of wholemeal is medium. Be careful not to get plain 'brown' bread as this is similar GI as White. Look for wholegrain or wholewheat. Best of all is 'Burgen' bread 🙂

Thanks for the tip!!

Just tested, well I tested at 12 and it was 6.7mmol and about to have a scrummy fish pie for lunch which is 36g of carb I think so have done 5u of Novorapid 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back