"Sleep Restriction Therapy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy Edson

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
The name makes it sound like a "re-education treatment" for political dissidents but apparently it's at the core of mainstream insomnia treatment.

Anybody had any experience with it?

I've made it a belated NY resolution to try to do something about my crappy sleep habits, partly induced by nannying from my new Fitbit. This looks like something to try.

The name makes it sound like a "re-education treatment" for political dissidents but apparently it's at the core of mainstream insomnia treatment.

Anybody had any experience with it?

I've made it a belated NY resolution to try to do something about my crappy sleep habits, partly induced by nannying from my new Fitbit. This looks like something to try.

My sleep habits are terrible as well, I've just got used to them.
Mine are from far too many missed nights from my past, and a body clock that has no resemblance to any time of day or night.
That and a crazy inbuilt alarm clock that just goes off randomly now.
Sleep restriction sounds like the "get up when you wake up" and not stay in bed awake idea that has been suggested in the past, but I never tried it, as I usually meditate back to sleep instead.

..., as I usually meditate back to sleep instead.
I wish that worked for me, but usually when I wake up there's no going back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you find it helpful @Eddy Edson

I know what you mean about Fitbit’s gentle nagging about the quality (or lack thereof) of sleep.

Are you still keeping active and walking lots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back