sleep pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile4loubie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Strange question, but can your levels affect your sleep pattern. It doesn't seem to matter how tired I am I still can't sleep till 3 am then sleep till 11am. Even if I get up at 11am and stay awake and go to bed at 9pm the following day I will still stay awake till 3am or later.
I always test my bloods through out the night & am petrified of hypoing & not waking up even though I wake up at the moment.

My breakfast readings are everyone elses lunch time readings.

Will this affect me or my blood levels long term??
I'm praying when & if I get a job it will sort me out but I doubt it will.

I'm often awake into the early hours as well, but I reckon that's got more to do with the tinnitus than high or low bloods. I've just done mine and I'm 7.9. I'm passing the time by crocheting, hopefully my brain will be ready to switch off soon.

You are not alone in having problems with your sleeping pattern. Quite a few people do here.

A bed time routine helps as it gives you a chance to wind down. I find it helps to turn the telly off an hour or so before I want to go to bed and do something relaxing or quiet, but we are all different.

If you have tried everything else, speak to your doctor. SOmetimes as a last resort he can give you something that will help give you a more normal sleeping pattern. Most doctors don't like to prescribe sleeping pills these days, so it is a line of last resort, but worth considering.

Definetly relate to you Lou, before being diagnosed with diabetes you could set your watch by me having 8 hours every night but not these days, i used to hate early mornings with a passion i am like my mum in that respect but now im up at 5-30-6.00.I can feel really tired sitting in the armchair and then the next minute im up hoovering or washing the windows.If things dont improve i would see your doctor and see what they can do for you.

Ive got sleeping pills but they dont seem to work, my body fights them and my body usually wins lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back