Skin update - vitiligo - another autoimmune condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJLang

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I’ve just had a phone appointment with the senior nurse and she said that she thinks that it is vitiligo which is another autoimmune condition. She said there’s not a lot that can be done apart steroid cream cream over the counter but she didn’t think that would help. It’s just a watch and wait to see if it develops further.

I’ve just had a phone appointment with the senior nurse and she said that she thinks that it is vitiligo which is another autoimmune condition. She said there’s not a lot that can be done apart steroid cream cream over the counter but she didn’t think that would help. It’s just a watch and wait to see if it develops further.
There is no point in using steroid creams as all they will do is thin your skin. The condition is quite harmless so just leave it alone as nothing you can do about it anyway.

Thanks Sue. You’ve supported what I was thinking after reading about it today.

...... and short term use of steroid cream may not have a marked effect when we're younger and our skin is naturally much more resilient and healthy - but can't say I'd welcome thinning mine any more than AD has already done and continues regardless to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back