Six months on Metformin

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladyengineer

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
When I last posted in Feb I was very angry and frustrated, not by you guys I hasten to add, but the whole idea of diabetes and the way I'd found out about going on Metformin (chemist picked up script for one type of med and there was also a script for Metformin, the surgery hadn't informed me).
I was called in for blood test last week (still have the bruise to prove it!) and went to get results this week.

I was nervous because the bad reaction in Feb was due to making a lot of effort on diet and being left to feel like I was told off for not trying hard enough. This resulted in not trying as hard but a few changes have stuck, breakfast being one of them 🙂

The good news is that the BP and BG have both improved. Still some confusion in my surgery as my doctor produced a prescription for me on Monday but I didn't know it was there to collect, I only found out when I asked the doctor for a repeat and was told there was one waiting for me.

I'm expecting referrals to diabetic nurse, dietician and podiatrist and now that I've been reading "The first year type 2 diabetes" by Gretchen Becker (bought several months ago, from recommendation on here, and then it has been glaring at me with menace as I avoided the issue!) I feel like I might get some help.

Hi there lady lovely to hear from you and thank goodness things are looking up , so great to hear your more happier and your BP and BS are behaving more, good luck with all your referrels and the book yeah it is brilliant i have had it over a year and i still look to it once a week.x

Good to hear that the BP and BG have improved LE 🙂 Also that you are getting appointments for the other stuff. Perhaps the doctor has read in your notes that you are psychic, and don't need to be told about prescriptions? 😱 😉

keep up the good bp & bg levels well done... great book :D as i bought it & crap nhs boooooo lol 🙄

*slightly cheekily to Scoot* The NHS is lovely, leave us alone!!

Seriously Lady E, well done, it seems your ,meds are working for you, that's great. If you ever find out how to improve communications between your GP and your Pharmacist let us know, you could revolutionize health care!;-) I don't know how it works at your surgery but i frequenty have to run or ring around looking for my repeats, i've kinda given up, the doctor is gonna have to see me every other month now coz i don't trust them to get my prescription to the right place at the right time.

Rachel

*slightly cheekily to Scoot* The NHS is lovely, leave us alone!!

Seriously Lady E, well done, it seems your ,meds are working for you, that's great. If you ever find out how to improve communications between your GP and your Pharmacist let us know, you could revolutionize health care!;-) I don't know how it works at your surgery but i frequenty have to run or ring around looking for my repeats, i've kinda given up, the doctor is gonna have to see me every other month now coz i don't trust them to get my prescription to the right place at the right time.

Rachel
If ya say soooo :D

Well I know I said I was getting referrals but I've arrived home today to find letters for podiatry referral and an appointment for Retinopathy screening.

The paaointment for Retinopathy is mid afternoon. I know it says about not driving for at least two hours but will I be ok getting home on my own if I'm not driving (walking and bus)? Can I return to work afterwards?

L

Well I know I said I was getting referrals but I've arrived home today to find letters for podiatry referral and an appointment for Retinopathy screening.

The paaointment for Retinopathy is mid afternoon. I know it says about not driving for at least two hours but will I be ok getting home on my own if I'm not driving (walking and bus)? Can I return to work afterwards?

L

Yes, you should be fine - that's how I get home! Take sunglasses with you though - you may need them even if not sunny! It would depend on what you do at work. I have found that I can't really focus on anything (computer screen, reading etc.) properly for up to five hours. I'd say two hours is a minimum.

Yes, you should be fine - that's how I get home! Take sunglasses with you though - you may need them even if not sunny! It would depend on what you do at work. I have found that I can't really focus on anything (computer screen, reading etc.) properly for up to five hours. I'd say two hours is a minimum.

Returning to a desk job at a computer screen isn't going to work then. Glad I asked.

Returning to a desk job at a computer screen isn't going to work then. Glad I asked.

It's surprising how bright a screen can be! 😱 You could always ask them to try the scan without using the drops - sometimes the pupils will dilate sufficiently without them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back