Sitagliptin

Status
Not open for further replies.

shirl

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all, not feeling too good at the moment wondered, if anyone else has noticed similar problems as me with Sitagliptin.
I have my main meal at night with the rest of my family and always really want to eat but the minute I start to I feel full, really bloated and sick!:confused:

Wondering if it is the Sitagliptin or just how I am at the moment :(, BS are hit and miss too. Got app. with DSN in two weeks with a view to starting injection. shirl

Hi Shirl,

It could be the Sitagliptin, most anti-diabetes meds upset the stomach and can cause nausea and bloatedness. You can either perserve and see if it gets better (it might, like Metformin, just take a while to settle down) or tell your doctor it's not working for you.

Rachel

I've recently been put on Sitagliptin as well, and haven't had any symptoms like these. However, before I was diagnosed and again recently when I was having a bad patch, I would feel as you describe. It's possible that high blood sugars can have such effects. Maybe one of the others on here will know more.

Thanx Rachel, have been on it for 4 months now as I said earlier am seeing DSN in two weeks so will try to persevere and see wot she says! Is sometimes so hard to know wot to do for the best. Will keep u posted, take care, shirl

Hi Alison, thanks for the reply I hope u don't get these side effects with it, will see wot DSN says an go frm there I guess. Never any easy answers is there? take care, shirl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back