Sitagliptin

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin mckenzie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Started taken sitagliptin 25mg but started having problems with aches and pains in legs is this normal

I have been taking 100mg Sitagliptin for several months and as yet have had no side effects. But we're all different. Regards. Nick

Thanks let's hope it is just a coincidence, I feel better after taken it I also had stomach issues with metformin

I've hardly ever seen any other posts about Sitagliptin issues so it appears fairly rare

My two thoughts are....

1. Are you taking statins?
2. If your BG levels have been quite high for a long time and the Sitagliptin is now lowering them, it may be transient neuropathy as your blood vessels and nerves get used to the new lower levels and/ or are perhaps repairing after the damage caused by high levels.

Do you know what your most recent HbA1c result was? I see you have had diabetes for a lot of years and been on Metformin for much of that time. Have they checked your vitamin B12 as that is important for nerve health and Metformin can inhibit the absorption of B12 from food or oral supplements, so worth asking if your B12 has been checked recently and what the result was?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back