Sitagliptin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy62

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
This drug has been recommended to me, my body can't tolerate metformin. Has anyone used it and did you find the drug in terms of side effects

I’ve been on Sitagliptin since January and had zero side effects. When you look into it in more detail, it’s a remarkable little tablet and I’m quite pleased my GP put me on it. It also acts as a appetite suppressant which is an added bonus!

I've been on Sitagliptin several months with no side effects and have found it beneficial in lowering my background blood glucose levels.
I likewise had difficulties with Metformin.

I was on Sitagliptin for a couple of years. The only side effect was a headache in the first week. Did you try Slow Release Metformin SR?

I was on Sitagliptin for a couple of years. The only side effect was a headache in the first week. Did you try Slow Release Metformin SR?
Yes i tried the slow release metformin but felt even worse unfortunately.

I’ve been on Sitagliptin since January and had zero side effects. When you look into it in more detail, it’s a remarkable little tablet and I’m quite pleased my GP put me on it. It also acts as a appetite suppressant which is an added bonus!
i definitely don't want to lose anymore weight

i definitely don't want to lose anymore weight
Hi @Andy62 Likewise I have to be careful about losing weight, being low BMI, but I haven't found Sitagliptin to affect my appetite or weight. I have noticed that following sustained exercise, when I start feeling the need to eat (low blood sugar I assume) this need is less pronounced than before I was on Sitagliptin, and I can usually get through to the next meal without snacking, if I need to, which is a bonus. It seems to have reduced my tolerance to alcohol a bit, which is probably not a bad thing ..so one glass of wine rather than err 2..
Regards Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back