Sitagliptin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Cliff

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
It seems likely I'll be starting on Sitagliptin after several years using diet and exercise to control my blood glusose levels, but my HbA1c is creeping up despite an even more stringent diet. It would be my sole medication. Am interested to know the experience of others taking this, as regards its effectiveness and any side effects.
In particular, @Steff and @grovesy are you still on this medication and still OK with it?
Have read a number of previous threads - posting here rather than starting a new one. Picture I'm getting is that most people are OK using it but it may not be effective for some.
Thanks in advance!
Nick

Hi, my Sitagliptin was changed a couple of years ago to Aliogliptin( same family). The change was initiated by the CCG instructing GPs to switch. I am still taking without any problems. My weight is stable, and my HbA1c is pretty stable too.

Hi, my Sitagliptin was changed a couple of years ago to Aliogliptin( same family). The change was initiated by the CCG instructing GPs to switch. I am still taking without any problems. My weight is stable, and my HbA1c is pretty stable too.
Hi @grovesy Thanks. Good to know that the gliptin is working for you. I assume the CCG switch was owing to cost rather than medical reasons as NICE website shows Alogliptin to be 80% the price of Sitagliptin. The NHS website lists fewer side effects for Sitagliptin, but I don't see that elsewhere.
Thanks again. Nick

Hi @grovesy Thanks. Good to know that the gliptin is working for you. I assume the CCG switch was owing to cost rather than medical reasons as NICE website shows Alogliptin to be 80% the price of Sitagliptin. The NHS website lists fewer side effects for Sitagliptin, but I don't see that elsewhere.
Thanks again. Nick
I presumed that at the time of the switch, it was unexpected I had a medication review with Pharmacist, at the begining of the week, by end of week received a letter from Doctors end of the week informing me of the swap.

I’ve split the new posts away from the old thread Nick, to avoid confusion where members respond to the original poster who no longer frequents the forum 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back