silly me

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmasamduke

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello Andrew here, felt bit shakey bout hour half ago tested at 6.0 so knew wasnt going hypo but silly me thought i would have 2 pieces ov melon and a mouthful of lucozade tested 30 mins later and was at 14.6 the highest ever taken, now what i want to know is, is that reading dangerous in anyway and would i get any symtoms with a high reading like that . ty Andrew

Hello Andrew here, felt bit shakey bout hour half ago tested at 6.0 so knew wasnt going hypo but silly me thought i would have 2 pieces ov melon and a mouthful of lucozade tested 30 mins later and was at 14.6 the highest ever taken, now what i want to know is, is that reading dangerous in anyway and would i get any symtoms with a high reading like that . ty Andrew

Hi Andrew, that's not likely to cause you a problem. Melon is high GI and lucozade will send your levels straight up - that's why it's good for hypos! I must admit, I wouldn't have had anything at 6.0 myself, but I guess you've just learned that lesson! Check again in about an hour and it will most likely have come down.

I'll move this to the General Messageboard.

Hi Andrew, that's not likely to cause you a problem. Melon is high GI and lucozade will send your levels straight up - that's why it's good for hypos! I must admit, I wouldn't have had anything at 6.0 myself, but I guess you've just learned that lesson! Check again in about an hour and it will most likely have come down.

I'll move this to the General Messageboard.

Ty northernr i did just that and was down to 5.7, so was due my tea come evening meal so had chicken and noodles, i will remember that for hypo,s in future, i begging 2 eat alot ov melon, pears apples and pineapple are gd for me or they bit 2 sugary ty Andrew

Ty northernr i did just that and was down to 5.7, so was due my tea come evening meal so had chicken and noodles, i will remember that for hypo,s in future, i begging 2 eat alot ov melon, pears apples and pineapple are gd for me or they bit 2 sugary ty Andrew

Green apples are OK I'm told, pears may be too sweet. Pineapple has lots if fibre but again, maybe too much sugar. I guess it would depend what kind of melon and how ripe.

Green apples are OK I'm told, pears may be too sweet. Pineapple has lots if fibre but again, maybe too much sugar. I guess it would depend what kind of melon and how ripe.

Ty for ur reply Alison, but they are the only fruit i can get away with never eaten any fruit b4 diagnosed ty .

Maybe you could try them one at a time, testing before and 1 then 2 hours after to see how each one affects you.

Yes - I recommend that you follow Alison's advice.

Fruit seems to have a very small effect on my blood glucose levels - even things such as grapes.

Best wishes - John

Can't add to advice already given, I hope you are feeling better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back