Signal Loss on Freestyle Libre 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
My newly applied libre 2 keeps coming up with a signal loss error, no alarms available and it’s not recording without a scan. Has anyone come across this with a new sensor how did you resolve it.

I've only used 3 of the Libre 2s, as a T2, I only use them periodically to see what's going on with my food choices etc. They have all worked fine. But to get the readings sent directly to the phone, you need to have the recent App and then it will only do this after the next sensor change. It can't do it 'in flight' with an existing sensor I'm afraid. My App is version 2.10.1.7653, I got the version from the menu: (!) About and that's on an iPhone.

My newly applied libre 2 keeps coming up with a signal loss error, no alarms available and it’s not recording without a scan. Has anyone come across this with a new sensor how did you resolve it.
How far away are you from your phone? I found the first couple of days I lost signal during the night even with my phone on charge on the bedside table and I was only in a standard size double bed next to it so not more than a few feet away, but after that it seemed to improve and apart from walking into other rooms it was reasonably OK, but when I did lose signal it was much slower and had to be more precise to scan it than the reader. Ultimately I went back to using the reader instead of the phone app, because I find that much more reliable and works best for me. I am not joined at the hip with my mobile phone like some people and often leave it lying in the house when I am out in the garden or my stables or whatever whereas the reader is small enough to go in a pocket and go everywhere without being cumbersome like an iphone and very rarely seems to drop signal. The reader does not have the full CGM capability though so I have to scan but I really don't find that a problem at all and would far rather trade that feature for it's small size, convenience of use and reliability.

I had this with mine , after following the advice from Abbott, restarting the phone then toggle the Bluetooth off and on , mine is now working fine . Also make sure that you have allowed all permissions for the app.
Hopefully you can get yours working soon .
Same with me. Toggle Bluetooth off and on and everything was fixed

Hi Carlos, I have been experiencing the same problem for the last two sensors. It might be something to do with the recent update to the sensors. It didn't happen before. ALL I CAN DO IS TAKE A READING AND IT THEN RETURNS TO NORMAL. Sorry I don't know the official reason. Bradblues

Hi Carlos, I have been experiencing the same problem for the last two sensors. It might be something to do with the recent update to the sensors. It didn't happen before. ALL I CAN DO IS TAKE A READING AND IT THEN RETURNS TO NORMAL. Sorry I don't know the official reason. Bradblues
The sensors haven't actually changed, just the app.

Sounds like your BT signal is dropping out regularly. Do you have other BT devices paired to your phone. I think I read that some phones (I think Samsung was mentioned... but could be wrong) have less good BT than others.

Hopefully toggling bluetooth off an on will help.

Another fairly standard troubleshooting option is to completely power down the phone (press and hold the power button usually) so that it turns off completely rather than being in standby. Then everything has to start up again from a fresh start.

Some devices do seem to have slightly less robust Bluetooth connections. With my insulin pump (which talks to my Dexcom via Bluetooth) I find I have to have it located on my belt on the same side as my sensor arm. If I have it going ‘diagonal’ I get far more lost signal errors. My iphone seems to make a stronger connection and isn’t worried which side the sensor is on!

I've been using the new app with very old sensors and it works but I find that it is very hard on the battery so unless I am 100% battery before bed I don't make it through to the morning. I've started switching Bluetooth off during the day and reverted to manual scanning but then have the irritation of alerts telling me alarms are unavailable. Room for improvement I think

I've been using the new app with very old sensors and it works but I find that it is very hard on the battery so unless I am 100% battery before bed I don't make it through to the morning. I've started switching Bluetooth off during the day and reverted to manual scanning but then have the irritation of alerts telling me alarms are unavailable. Room for improvement I think

Sorry to hear that Sololite :(

My Dex doesn’t take much of a hit on my battery life overnight. How old is your handset? (batteries do get tired over time).

Hope other members may have some Libre App battery-saving tips for you.

I just installed a charger by the bedside table and charge the phone through the night, so it is able to maintain the BT connection whilst I sleep next to it and be fully charged in the morning ready for the day ahead.

Sorry to hear that Sololite :(

My Dex doesn’t take much of a hit on my battery life overnight. How old is your handset? (batteries do get tired over time).

Hope other members may have some Libre App battery-saving tips for you.
Thanks for the tips. It is a recent phone. I wonder if there is some kind of docking device (probably showing my age here) that I can sit my phone in at night - I really hate a tangle of wires next to my bed

Thanks for the tips. It is a recent phone. I wonder if there is some kind of docking device (probably showing my age here) that I can sit my phone in at night - I really hate a tangle of wires next to my bed
Will it charge cordlessly? I keep my phone on a cordless charger on the bedside table at night - no wires at all. In the past I’ve used a solar charger, which the phone did need to be plugged into, but no need for a nearby mains socket . Hope that helps

Can anybody help me about re-getting the missing hours? My device (phone) did not get my sleeping hours readings last night (phone to far away). I read somewhere that I can scan/beep/swipe my phone against my arm sensor to re-get the readings. Anybody know about this and how to do it? thanx everyone.

Yes, that's what you need to do. Hold the phone next to the sensor (mine needs to be very close), wait to hear 2 beeps one after the other and the information should be in your Libre app.

You need to make sure that NFC is set ON in your settings (it usually is).
My upgrade from Android 12 to 13 caused the loss of the scan Beeps, so I hold the phone next to the sensor for five seconds, and it works. (No beeps either when updating the insulin dose figures from my Novopen 6/Echopen Pro pens)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back