Sickness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne the artist

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I'm am 80 with type 2. Yesterday I was given some pork pie.2 hours later I had violent pain in my bank and tummy just above my navel. I started dry retching all day and didn't eat or take the last Metformin. Today I've eaten nothing, drank loads of water and no tablets. My sugars went to7 if I can eat tomorrow, I can go back to 3 tablets a day. I'm scared that I might not get my sugar down again. Don't eat pork pie EVER..Sitting up on the bed all night and dry ret
i

I'm am 80 with type 2. Yesterday I was given some pork pie.2 hours later I had violent pain in my bank and tummy just above my navel. I started dry retching all day and didn't eat or take the last Metformin. Today I've eaten nothing, drank loads of water and no tablets. My sugars went to7 if I can eat tomorrow, I can go back to 3 tablets a day. I'm scared that I might not get my sugar down again. Don't eat pork pie EVER..Sitting up on the bed all night and dry ret
i
You probably had food poisoning, very unpleasant, and you were probably wise to not take Metformin. I'd suggest introducing both food and Metformin very cautiously - having had it try to turn me inside out for a few weeks I am probably being a bit cautious, but your insides are probably feeling very tender at the moment. Keep up the water.
I can't think of any reason you'd have high blood glucose though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back