Sickness on Trulicity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katharine Lee

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi has anyone else started Trulicity and been violently sick a few hours after the injection and sickness and diarrhea for the next few days?

Hi Katharine , Welcome.
I think it would be best if you reported your reaction to Trulicity to your doc ASAP as IMO it does seem to be quite bad, maybe another medication would suit you better.
I found this patient info leaflet online , some of the side effects are in section 4
https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/PIL.29748.latest.pdf
Hope you find it helpful.

Last edited:
Welome to the forum Katharine.

Presumably someone has, since both nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea are reported side effects of the drug. Is this information not contained on the data sheet that comes with the medication? Of course, it might not be that if anyone close to you is also vomiting.

If these symptoms persist, then you need to speak to your doctor. One of the problems with medications that are injected and supposed to last for a week is that you can't uninject them.

Hi has anyone else started Trulicity and been violently sick a few hours after the injection and sickness and diarrhea for the next few days?
Not that particular drug but some of the things I'm on have the same effects on me. My GP has given me an anti-histamine called Cyclizine to help combat this and it works fairly well. I'd discuss the problem with your doctor to see what options are available for you. Perhaps a switch to something like Byetta.

I have has 6 weeks of what I thought was norovirus. Then realised it was this horrible drug. How did it get approved? It completely ruined Christmas for me. Tell people to avoid this drug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back