sick of this

Status
Not open for further replies.

bev

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi all,
This week Alex has had 15 hypos since monday - some of them were really quite low and hard to treat. Lots of children on the other forum have also been having lots this week - have any of you adults had them more than normal? Could it be the weather do you think?:(Bev

Hi Bev,

Sorry to hear alex is having so many right now. I've been having the exact same problem but can't work out whether it's cause my ratios have changed since I am no longer pregnant or breast feeding either or whether it's because it's still so cold. I can't really tell from experience because i've only had this for 2 years now but I think it's probably the later for me and perhaps for alex too. Hope it resolves itself soon and also are you feeling well again? x

sorry to hear this Bev, hope you sort it out soon.

I had a bad one just now myself, not sure if it's weather, my ratios going up and me failing to work them out, or the cheeseburger & chips for lunch and pint just now!

HI Bev - sorry to hear about all the hypos that is quite alot. You must both be exhausted coping with them all. I dont think I have had any more than normal this week, but I have at least 1 or 2 a day anyway.

Hope next week is better

Hi all,
This week Alex has had 15 hypos since monday - some of them were really quite low and hard to treat. Lots of children on the other forum have also been having lots this week - have any of you adults had them more than normal? Could it be the weather do you think?:(Bev

Hi, I'm so sorry your son(?) has had so many hypos - they are what Sophie dreads the most (I think that has a role to play in her running mainly high sugars, the fear of hypos). You must both feel dreadful. I have long suspected the weather affects the absorption rate of the insulin, though I understood it was the heat that increased it; the only time we have ever managed to gain near perfect control is when we have been on a foreign holiday! Maybe we should all emigrate lol!! 😉

it's a full moon at the moment, or is coming out of one. you wouldn't believe how many of our residents are grumpy, rude, badly behaved at the moment.

just throwing it out there...the moon does control all the water after all, maybe it's affecting us?

Hi Bev sorry to hear about alex hope he feels better and this week runs abit more smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back