sick, but going hypo

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
what's the deal with that eh?

Stinking cold which I think is turning into a chest infection...

and levels are bordering perfect...but hypoing alot more than usual :confused:.

WHAT ON EARTH?! :confused: usually they're through the roof!

Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago Sam - nigh-on perfect levels with a few stealth hypos thrown in! Think I preferred that state of affairs to battling highs and ketones though. Hope you are feeling better soon 🙂

I think its because of the heat - lots of the children on the other forum are having a lot less insulin needs during this hot weather.🙂Bev

I think its because of the heat - lots of the children on the other forum are having a lot less insulin needs during this hot weather.🙂Bev

I've knocked back on my ratios, its still happening. Maybe I should knock it back again? Dinner was knocked to a 1:9 last night, so I might knock it to 1:10 this evening...just have a play.

I've knocked back on my ratios, its still happening. Maybe I should knock it back again? Dinner was knocked to a 1:9 last night, so I might knock it to 1:10 this evening...just have a play.

I would have thought dropping the basal a bit might be more beneficial. Do you have a pen that has half or one unit increments? Perhaps you could drop it by 1 or 2 units tonight and see how that works out - but check the weather forecast first!🙂Bev

I would have thought dropping the basal a bit might be more beneficial. Do you have a pen that has half or one unit increments? Perhaps you could drop it by 1 or 2 units tonight and see how that works out - but check the weather forecast first!🙂Bev

dropped already, still happening and I daren't drop it anymore, mainly as I'm waking up at around 6.5.

dropped already, still happening and I daren't drop it anymore, mainly as I'm waking up at around 6.5.

Oh right, then I think your idea of dropping ratios is a good one then! I forget your not on a pump and cant have lots of diffeernt basal rates - but hopefully you will be soon! 6.5 is a great level.🙂Bev

Oh right, then I think your idea of dropping ratios is a good one then! I forget your not on a pump and cant have lots of diffeernt basal rates - but hopefully you will be soon! 6.5 is a great level.🙂Bev

yeah 🙂 just can't win at the moment. I'm half tempted to have something super carby for dinner tonight, just to stop the hypos from coming again. Pizza anyone?

Hopefully I'll be on a pump soon though 😛 appointment in a few weeks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back