Shrinking waist and finding clothes to fit....

pjgtech

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I've already lost 4" from my waistline! I was 43" waist but could squeeze into 42" and am now down to 39", I can even squeeze into 38".
So lots of my clothes are already too big!
As I am still on a diet, and hopefully will lose more weight, I don't want to spend lots of money on new clothes just yet.
So what to wear?
Luckily, as I have put on weight over the last ten years or so, I have kept some of my nicer clothes that used to fit me, but I then got larger and they no longer fitted. Safely stored away for that remote day when I had lost weight and they can be worn again.
Well, that day is now here, Hooray!

So last night I had a major clear out of any clothes that no longer fit me, emptied my T shirt drawer, half emptied my wardrobe of trousers, jeans and joggers and shirts.
Then refilled my T shirt drawer with T's and polo tops that were too small but now fit me again!
Then refilled my wardrobe with trousers and jeans and shirts that were too small but now fit me again!
I actually found a few things that were brand new, still with tags, that I had bought in the past, but on delivery, were too small (bloody online shopping!) so have some brand new items to wear.
NB: I did keep a couple of nice "large" items, just in case the weight goes back on, but I'm certainly not planning that.

This morning one of my chores was to visit the local charity shop with not one, but two large black sacks full of clothes, so hopefully will help out someone else too.

Obviously if I continue to lose more weight (hopefully) then these current clothes will also become too large, so eventually I will need to buy some new clobber. But it is quite cathartic having a really good clearout......

I'm planning kilts and crossover skirts and jackets - what's that song - 'Turning Japanese'?

Congratulations on your "inch loss" and forethought to keep some of your smaller clothes.
I agree that it is cathartic to have a clear out and a great way to celebrate the loss.
I am sure the charity shop was very appreciative of your donation. As your journey continues don't forget you can use the charity shop as a shopper for your interim sizes so as not to over spend on transition clothes. There are some great clothes in charity shops if you have the time and patience to sift through the rails.

Must admit I'm not a fan of second hand clothes. I know a lot of the gear is new and it has all been cleaned, etc, but I just baulk at wearing something that someone else has potentially worn. It just feels "ickky" to me.
I know I'm being silly, but thats just the way I feel.
My Wife on the other hand loves second hand / charity shops and is frequently to be found in them, sorting out bargains!
🙂

I invested in a belt to keep my trousers up until I'd dropped several dress sizes. When I was down from a size 20 to 14 I bought a new pair of jeans and a couple of jumpers, but waited until I was back to my original size 10 before I got a whole new wardrobe. Fortunately I have no objection to looking like a bag lady and, indeed, still often do, but just in smaller clothing :rofl:

Huge congratulations on your weight loss and change of shape @pjgtech

How lovely that you can rediscover some of those old-faithfuls you've had to set aside for a while.

Keep going, and maybe you'll have to splurge on a new Spring/Summer wardrobe? :D

I've already lost 4" from my waistline! I was 43" waist but could squeeze into 42" and am now down to 39", I can even squeeze into 38".
So lots of my clothes are already too big!
As I am still on a diet, and hopefully will lose more weight, I don't want to spend lots of money on new clothes just yet.
So what to wear?
Luckily, as I have put on weight over the last ten years or so, I have kept some of my nicer clothes that used to fit me, but I then got larger and they no longer fitted. Safely stored away for that remote day when I had lost weight and they can be worn again.
Well, that day is now here, Hooray!

So last night I had a major clear out of any clothes that no longer fit me, emptied my T shirt drawer, half emptied my wardrobe of trousers, jeans and joggers and shirts.
Then refilled my T shirt drawer with T's and polo tops that were too small but now fit me again!
Then refilled my wardrobe with trousers and jeans and shirts that were too small but now fit me again!
I actually found a few things that were brand new, still with tags, that I had bought in the past, but on delivery, were too small (bloody online shopping!) so have some brand new items to wear.
NB: I did keep a couple of nice "large" items, just in case the weight goes back on, but I'm certainly not planning that.

This morning one of my chores was to visit the local charity shop with not one, but two large black sacks full of clothes, so hopefully will help out someone else too.

Obviously if I continue to lose more weight (hopefully) then these current clothes will also become too large, so eventually I will need to buy some new clobber. But it is quite cathartic having a really good clearout......
Good for you - well done!!

Back