Shoulder tingling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry snakeman

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi I keep having a tingling pain in my back shoulder left side feels like pins and needles don't know if it's to do with diabetes.does anyone else have this

Hi I keep having a tingling pain in my back shoulder left side feels like pins and needles don't know if it's to do with diabetes.does anyone else have this
That should urgently be checked by a doctor, I would even suggest going as far as A&E. Being on the left side, it could indicate a minor heart attack. Having said that it is also a potential sign of Diabetic Neuropathy, and a number of other conditions.

With regard to A&E, I don't know if it still exists, but there used to be an online NHS triaging flow chart,
There is also the Diabetes UK helpline (Mon-Fri 9-6) 0345 123 2399

Note: I am not a Doctor and have absolutely no medical training. Hopefully someone more informed will be along shortly to give you the benefit of there expertise.

I had a trapped nerve in my upper back/neck area and that caused tingling in my shoulder and down my arm too at first. I’d definitely get it checked out if it doesn’t improve. I know people with diabetes are more at risk of getting a frozen shoulder but I don’t know if that causes tingling.

Ok I'm seeing nurse Tuesday cheers mate
No problem, I hope I am being alarmist. Let us know how you get on

I know people with diabetes are more at risk of getting a frozen shoulder but I don’t know if that causes tingling.

Shortly after I returned to Scotland, both my shoulders became frozen. It was because of this I found out about the NHS triaging app. It recommended I phone 999. I didn't, I just reported to the nearest A&E and was seen almost immediately.

The initial symptoms, for me, were a deep muscle pain in the upper left arm and shoulder which, over the next week, spread to the right arm. It fully developed over two or three weeks to the point where I had extremely limited arm movement. Also, the pain was so intense, I was prescribed both codeine and fentanyl.

If you can lift your arms straight up above your head and have your normal range of movement, then it is probably not frozen shoulder. But remember: I am not a doctor, just someone relating their own experience.

No problem, I hope I am being alarmist. Let us know how you get on

Shortly after I returned to Scotland, both my shoulders became frozen. It was because of this I found out about the NHS triaging app. It recommended I phone 999. I didn't, I just reported to the nearest A&E and was seen almost immediately.

The initial symptoms, for me, were a deep muscle pain in the upper left arm and shoulder which, over the next week, spread to the right arm. It fully developed over two or three weeks to the point where I had extremely limited arm movement. Also, the pain was so intense, I was prescribed both codeine and fentanyl.

If you can lift your arms straight up above your head and have your normal range of movement, then it is probably not frozen shoulder. But remember: I am not a doctor, just someone relating their own experience.
Thanks for your help mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back