Shorter cannula makes me bleed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amberzak

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
so they got me to try the shorter cannulas (mainly because the longer ones weren't available) and I bleed after 24 hours every time. Wondered if this was something common or if I'm just weird.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 12
That is odd... Do you get any discomfort at the site? I've only had a sort of 'backflow into tubing' once or twice when it felt like the cannula had gone in too deep.

Other than that sometimes if the site has been knocked or leaned on in a particular way I can see bruising and get a bit of a 'gusher' when i remove it, but I've never quite seen anything like your pic.

Do I remember something called 'tunneling' from Pumping Insulin? Where stuff could come up around the edges of the cannula toward the surface.

Sound like they're too short, so not anchored properly and therefore moving around and causing inflammation and bleeding. If you were getting on ok with the longer cannulas, then they're the ones for you!

They must be getting pulled or something ? Because they are shorter, catching on clothing ? How long do you call short ? Good luck

Is it the same, wherever you stick em in?

It's the ones for the accuchek pump. They are called accuchek tender link. The short ones are 13mm. And yes, happens where ever I put it.

Aaah - the angled ones ! No way could I insert one in me! (Literally, neither could my husband get one in me!)

Have you tried the 90 degrees Flexlinks, you may get on better?

It's the ones for the accuchek pump. They are called accuchek tender link. The short ones are 13mm. And yes, happens where ever I put it.
There are a few people who have had issues with so called "tender link"

They look the same as the animas comforts, or inset 30 if you use the inserter. Not had a problem with them myself.
Are you inserting at the correct angle?

When you say pull it do you mean the tubing gets pulled? If that is the case put a bit of tape on the tubing so no pressure on the cannula. 🙂

I said where ever I put it pumper sue. I'm very careful not to pull on the tubing. Makes me feel funny. He he.

Yeah, I put them in the same angle as I do the longer ones and have no problems with the longer ones. I tried the 90 degree ones but i wasn't so keen on them.

Oops off to have eyes checked lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back