Shortage on Empagliflozin/Metformin tablets???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy M

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Brand new to the forum and urgently seeking advice! Been told my local pharmacy there’s a shortage on Empagliflozin 12.5mg/Metformin 1g tablets. I put my request 3 weeks early, when I went to chase them up they told me there was a shortage???? Anyone else having this problem???? Any help would be great x

Sorry to hear you are having problems getting hold of your tablets @Mandy M

It’s usually a warehouse / distributor hiccup when pharmacies say this.

I‘ll check with Diabetes UK about any known shortages for those meds.

Last edited:
I can't see any current notifications of general shortages for those meds @Mandy M

Is there an alternative pharmacy you can try? Or was the prescription sent direct?

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you are having problems getting hold of your tablets @McLaren Mandy

I‘ll check with Diabetes UK about any known shortages for those med
Sorry to hear you are having problems getting hold of your tablets @McLaren Mandy

I‘ll check with Diabetes UK about any known shortages for those meds.
Great! Thank you! Problem is I’ve movers to a new area and I normally get my prescriptions sent direct to a Tesco pharmacy as it’s easier due to the hours I work. I can’t even get hold of my doctors to see if I can get a temporary alternative either. I kind of feel really let down as we all know our meds are important to us but I feel I’m just being ignored.

@Mandy M
Seems there's barely a week goes by without a "shortage" of one medication or another. I ordered my 1g Metformin & 25mg Emapgliflozin from my surgery on Monday & picked them up from their dispensary this morning. I'm fairly sure these "shortages" are simply excuses for "We forgot to order it" or "It was a little more expensive than we wanted to pay". As already suggested, phone around a few pharmacies & see if others have stock.

As a side issue, I'd consider a username change rather than apparently using your real name.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Mandy M
Seems there's barely a week goes by without a "shortage" of one medication or another. I ordered my 1g Metformin & 25mg Emapgliflozin from my surgery on Monday & picked them up from their dispensary this morning. I'm fairly sure these "shortages" are simply excuses for "We forgot to order it" or "It was a little more expensive than we wanted to pay". As already suggested, phone around a few pharmacies & see if others have stock.

As a side issue, I'd consider a username change rather than apparently using your real name.
Thanks! Was just so angry when I wrote my first message and can’t change user name yet either as it won’t allow me yet! Sums up my day really! Doh

Thanks! Was just so angry when I wrote my first message and can’t change user name yet either as it won’t allow me yet! Sums up my day really! Doh
I've reported your thread to the Mods, who hopefully can assist with the name change.

I've reported your thread to the Mods, who hopefully can assist with the name change.

I’ve updated your username to some thing a little more anonymous @Mandy M 🙂

Funnily enough, because they were waiting on deliveries, I had to go back to my pharmacist twice to get my Metformin and Empagliflozin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back