Shortage of needles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roozle

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi
Has anyone else had issues with getting needles recently? My chemist was unable to supply needles the other day and they told me that the manufacturer couldn’t give a date for delivery. Thankfully a different chemist had some needles although they were a different brand to the ones I normally use

I've been fine, got mine saturday. I think certain things seem to run out at random these days

I got mine OK on my last prescription, but they are a different brand than my usual ones , but the same size etc.

Hi
Has anyone else had issues with getting needles recently? My chemist was unable to supply needles the other day and they told me that the manufacturer couldn’t give a date for delivery. Thankfully a different chemist had some needles although they were a different brand to the ones I normally use
About four weeks ago I had to try three different chemist before I managed to obtain them. They all stated there was a supply issue. I live near Glasgow. I was shocked to hear this.

I've been fine, got mine saturday. I think certain things seem to run out at random these days
And in different areas! About 6 months ago I couldn't get test strips for love nor money, had to buy my own from Amazon. Last week at the chemist, heard them telling the chap in front of me there was a shortage of Lantus!

Hi
Which brand, and which pharmacy? I used to use TriCare screw-on needles but last year they started having major supply issues. I've since moved over to MyLife Clickfine snap-on needles and so far I've had no issues getting them when I need them. I use Boots pharmacy, and they do seem to regularly run out or experience "supplier issues" of my insulin, whereas my local Asda pharmacy never seems to have issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back