Short of Breath Hypos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manda

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi,

I have had T1D for 6 years - I have always experienced shakiness/blurry vision/weakness with hypos, but recently I've stopped experiencing those and now only feel very lethargic and short of breath. Curious as to whether anyone else gets that with low blood sugars? It feels as though my hearts beating really hard, but not fast. I will obvs mention this to my dr, but wanted to find out from others also.

Thanks,

Amanda

Yes @Manda I sometimes feel shortness of breath with a hypo. It feels a bit like mild asthma (which I have as well). The raised heartbeat is a normal hypo response, I believe, and due to the hormones released as your blood sugar drops. Bad hypos can cause noticeably fast and scary heartbeats.

The concerning thing is that you mention your normal hypo signs have disappeared. Do you have a Libre? Do you frequently drop low? I’m wondering whether your hypo awareness might be decreasing.

Not experienced that but it sounds like panic attack due to hypo, understandable especially if bg levels are very low or falling fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back