Short nicknames for family members

Status
Not open for further replies.

glitteryredshoes

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
My sister and I was talking about scrubs and how Carla refers to herself as a WOD, wife of a diabetic. This got us talking, moms are MOD, dads are DOD. After a brief pause she turned to me and said "Ive just realised what I am...Im a SOD!" I am so getting her a SOD tshirt for xmas 🙂

Good job you explained or I might have had to 'moderate' your language! :D I've got a SOD too! 🙂

My sister and I was talking about scrubs and how Carla refers to herself as a WOD, wife of a diabetic. This got us talking, moms are MOD, dads are DOD. After a brief pause she turned to me and said "Ive just realised what I am...Im a SOD!" I am so getting her a SOD tshirt for xmas 🙂

You brought back a memory with the DOD, when my sister (the SOD) left hubby number 1 she went back to live with mum and dad and referred to her new home as DOD - Dungeon of Despair! Gravy meals every day, force fed cake, don't stay out late etc etc. I'd forgotten about DOD!

Lol COD
I told her to join here as shes one weird 16 year old with quite the knack for writing poems on the spot, ooo she will have to write one for my diabetes. Shes already working on one for me as I look slightly asian eventhough I have blue eyes and apparently my hair is not my own }😱. Im not allowed to see it till it is finished god love her!

Last edited:
My partner could either be GOD (Girlfriend of diabetic) or POD (partner of diabetic).. I will have to inform that she is one or the other or both I suppose a GOD POD.. lol

Ha love it! - am so many... If my grandmother was still alive I would be GOD (granddaughter of a diabetic), my dad is as well so DOD (daughter of diabetic), hubby is as well so that is WOD and with me being diabetic I can put D in front of all of these :D...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back