Shoes

Bob's Mrs

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
I have polyneuropathy - I am having difficulty getting comfortable shoes. Can anyone recommend shoes that re not too expensive please? We have only shoe shop locally - Clarks.

Bumping this for you @Bob's Mrs A relative used to get a catalogue that had special shoes and socks for foot problems. It did mention diabetes. I can’t remember the company name but it would be worth a Google.

Stunahome are a company who do 'diabetic' shoes but mail order only so hard to know if they suit, but you can always return them if not suitable.

I’ve just googled and I think the relative used CosyFeet, as I recognise the name.

I wear sketchers with the memory foam insoles which I find very comfy. I find the sizing a bit out and have to buy the next size up from my usual shoe size.

I wear sketchers with the memory foam insoles which I find very comfy. I find the sizing a bit out and have to buy the next size up from my usual shoe size.
Yes I am a fan of Sketchers, I think I have shallow feet as many shoes are too high at the sides and catch on my ankle bone and Sketchers are just the right shape.

Yes I am a fan of Sketchers, I think I have shallow feet as many shoes are too high at the sides and catch on my ankle bone and Sketchers are just the right shape.
Same here. Got a funky pair that are wicked. My non-diabetic wife owned for years? I’m a convert. Got these in a sale. Bit of a hark back to the 1980s sports trainer. Less high viz colour. Just slip on & i’m gone. Heaven with a non seam sock. Or bare foot.

IMG_0454.jpeg

Thankyou. I have no Sketcher's near me but next time I can get to a shop I will have a look. In the meantime I've ordered from Stunahome.

Stunahome are a company who do 'diabetic' shoes but mail order only so hard to know if they suit, but you can always return them if not suitable.
Have you bought from them please? How long did you wait for delivery? I don't think they are uK based.

I don't have Sketchers near me but a friend says se can help.

Thanks they asked me to wait for delivery and they would e mail me when it was despatched. Seemed a bit strange. M

Thanks they asked me to wait for delivery and they would e mail me when it was despatched. Seemed a bit strange. M
I just bought a pair today (we have a branch in town).
The one pair was out of stock and the assistant suggested ordering a pair, then said the one colour there were only 6 pairs in total.
He mentioned that they were end of line. So I guess it's possible sketchers are ending a few lines atm and will be bringing in some new ones.
I just took the one pair, and will maybe take another look in a few weeks

Back