Not open for further replies.
Outrageous that poor man died through total negligence of hospital,
criteria should be in place for Diabetic patients the junior doctor should
have sought a second opinion. The last time I was taken to hospital
with hypoglycemia I was kept in until my levels were above 10 mmol/l,
and I had a call from Devon doctors in the evening to check that all
was ok.
Ted

This is awful. He shouldn’t have been allowed to leave the hospital when he was still recovering or still having a major hypo. And the construction site not being secured properly is a whole different health and safety issue

What is it about hypos under 3.3 affecting your brain whether you think it has or not, that this young person failed to understand? I'm 100% certain that every Type 1 in the world has seemed totally coherent whilst still hypo!

Poor guy. What an awful way to go. His poor family having to think of him alone like that made ten times worse because it was avoidable

it is concerning the misunderstanding of type 1 in hospitals apartty someone going into a produce was told to bring insulin with her in case her blood sugar drops. i think something needs to be done about the lack pf knowledge of general staff I here too many storys

Simply releasing someone from hospital without ensuring that they could get home and have someone waiting for them should be basic common sense - though that is how I lost my friend and fellow musician - she was sent home after an operation and by the time anyone reached her, she'd fallen and broken her hip. At the local hospital she caught Covid and died.

Simply releasing someone from hospital without ensuring that they could get home and have someone waiting for them should be basic common sense - though that is how I lost my friend and fellow musician - she was sent home after an operation and by the time anyone reached her, she'd fallen and broken her hip. At the local hospital she caught Covid and died.
yes actually i thought if you lived in area that the hospital was they arrange transport for getting home

That’s really unfortunate what happened to your friend

What have I said wrong?
I think it was just the expectation that people would get transport to take them home, mostly people have to make their own arrangements, taxi, relatives, friends etc who it is assumed can be on hand whatever time of the day or night to pick people up to take them home.
It generally really is if people have nobody would they get hospital transport or couldn't even walk.

I think it was just the expectation that people would get transport to take them home, mostly people have to make their own arrangements, taxi, relatives, friends etc who it is assumed can be on hand whatever time of the day or night to pick people up to take them home.
It generally really is if people have nobody would they get hospital transport or couldn't even walk.
that's how its worked in the hospitals I've or other members of the family have been in the same arena the only reason I didn't when diagnosed was that I lived in derby and I was in covertly.

they checked first if someone that could pick them up but if not they arranged transport for them if they lived in the same hour. area.

so i was just speaking from experince

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back