Shock, horror but ok after a few minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharron1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I decided to test yesterday after a while of not bothering but eating still at low carb level. After a lunch of boiled egg and a mug of soup. Waited 2 hours, washed my hands and tested it returned a whooping 10.8. Quick panic as a very odd return, washed my hands again with more rigour and tested This time it returned the expected 4.8 Lesson learnt wash hands properly. Sigh. Once again thanks to the forum members for highlighting how this could have occurred.

Yes.
I did something similar recently, and got a 10. Which was a surprise as I rarely see a result over 7, even two hours after eating.
I then remembered I'd eaten an apple not long before and I'd forgotten to wash my hands.
A quick hand wash and a retest gave me a 5.x.

Well done for rechecking @Sharron1

Meter handbooks always say to recheck if a result is unexpected, or doesn’t match how you are feeling, but it’s so easy to take them as Gospel isn’t it!

I had a 14 yesterday that turned out to be a 10 😱

That’s more than a unit of insulin I could have given myself that wasn‘t needed 😳

I get a high reading from my CareSens Dual meter probably once a week. Just reloading a new test strip & testing exactly the same blood sample produces a more expected result. So it seems that around 5% of their test strips produce rogue results, which still fits within the standards.

It's caused me to stop syncing my meter with their app, because you can't edit or delete these rogue readings. So reorts of highs & averages are distorted. I enter manually now so that I can just discard them.

I keep getting caught out like this, yet fall into the lazy trap every time plus my oven glove has been washed twice now, even stroking the cat has an effect! Its annoying as I can't correct and update my meter readings on the machine so it gives me false averages for a while. I phoned them up about it and they said ahh, its to stop you cheating! what? Fortunately the phone app that its linked to can be updated and wild readings scrubbed!

I keep getting caught out like this, yet fall into the lazy trap every time plus my oven glove has been washed twice now, even stroking the cat has an effect! Its annoying as I can't correct and update my meter readings on the machine so it gives me false averages for a while. I phoned them up about it and they said ahh, its to stop you cheating! what? Fortunately the phone app that its linked to can be updated and wild readings scrubbed!
oh sorry RBZ, just read your reply, its basicly the same as mine :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back