Shift work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
Does anyone here do shift that’s all over the place? I feel like sometimes like of routine can confuse diabetes. How do you manage i think the last thing I want to do is stop doing my job. Or any parts of it.

Hi Ray I have the same problem just founding the right foods to eat
I like my job so I don’t think this condition should stop me working just need to find ways of managing. One of the reasons I’m interested in a pump but was given a long winded awser last time

Last edited:
Somth
Me it should not stop.how did the pump go
something along the lines of we’re not saying no but not yet apartlly I’m changing to a different consudent so my try asking again.

Which basal are you on? I would think that would make the most difference as some are more adaptable than others. Are you using a CGM? A sensor will let you know what’s going on and you can then adapt your insulin as needed and get the best control. The consultant said to us this week that a CGM gives better results regardless of whether you inject or use a pump and that a pump alone with no CGM isn’t necessarily a better option.

Which basal are you on? I would think that would make the most difference as some are more adaptable than others. Are you using a CGM? A sensor will let you know what’s going on and you can then adapt your insulin as needed and get the best control. The consultant said to us this week that a CGM gives better results regardless of whether you inject or use a pump and that a pump alone with no CGM isn’t necessarily a better option.
Limir but it’s still hard I think the lack of routine just confuses my body. I also need to get some backroad tests in. My work is verry unprintable so that’s why it’s hard. As well. I was on the libre but that didn’t seem to work for me I can’t get other sensors).

Last edited:
I do keep an eye on my blood sugars at work I do still think a pump would help as due to its unprrixacleness can be diffcult to know how much to adjust by in advance with a pump if it turned out I didn’t need to adjust by that much or needed to adjust by more it could just stop. Like I said I didn’t get on with the libre(if I did yes it might make things easier to keep an eye on but to me it makes things worse)

The best thing for you is probably something like a tslim used in conjunction with a dexcom so that it can predict highs and lows and adjust basal as needed but you would have to pay for the dexcom. It might be worth seeing if you can self fund a dexcom for a few months to see if you get on with it to see if it’s something you would want to pursue and might help add data to the push for a pump as you would have clear data as to what your needs are. Shift work is hard for the body so you have my sympathies.

The best thing for you is probably something like a tslim used in conjunction with a dexcom so that it can predict highs and lows and adjust basal as needed but you would have to pay for the dexcom. It might be worth seeing if you can self fund a dexcom for a few months to see if you get on with it to see if it’s something you would want to pursue and might help add data to the push for a pump as you would have clear data as to what your needs are. Shift work is hard for the body so you have my sympathies.
If I could afford it I would try slef funding a Dexcom buts there’s no way I can afford it. I don’t earn that much money and I never know when I’m going to be working.

Last edited:
I also do think a stand-alone pump would at least help a bit because then I could adjust the temp Basel’s or whatever depending on what was happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back