Shielding/covid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugarcoated

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Being classed as being extremely clinically vunerable due to having cystic fibrosis, diabetes, heart problems, i feel I've seriously missed out on life. Which...& I'm genuinely not looking for sympathy here...for me is annoying as my health is severe & I've refused a lung transplant & every year I'm still here is a bonus.
I'm all boostered up & flu jabbed up but I'm still anxious about getting out. I'm still young & want to enjoy going out for meals.
I'm not only concerned about covid but scared of flu/colds as both always have me in hospital & even ITU.
I don't know how to start living again & was hoping for some advice & how you guys cope with getting back into civilization lol
Again, I'm not looking for pity, just want you to inject some confidence in me again as pre covid i enjoyed my life in my health limited way.
Thank you.

It must be really scary for you but you're looking for some suggestions as to how to get back out into the world...can you go for some outdoor activities...a walk with a friend who is vaccinated? a quick coffee at an outdoor cafe? Ask a restaurant you know and trust when there quiet time is and book a table in the safest space? All life comes with risk and yours more than others but it is so nice to meet up with people or even go for a walk on a lovely day. It really lifts the spirits. Best wishes 🙂

I’d start with outdoor activities. Meet someone for a walk, outdoor sports, an outdoor coffee, or in a beer garden. Or invite people to your house and open the windows.

It must be really scary for you but you're looking for some suggestions as to how to get back out into the world...can you go for some outdoor activities...a walk with a friend who is vaccinated? a quick coffee at an outdoor cafe? Ask a restaurant you know and trust when there quiet time is and book a table in the safest space? All life comes with risk and yours more than others but it is so nice to meet up with people or even go for a walk on a lovely day. It really lifts the spirits. Best wishes 🙂
Thank you for replying. I have had coffee out with friends but as most have young kids in school, i keep worrying I'm going to catch something
I need to get out of that mindset.

Yes at some point in your life you will catch something. It’s not ideal but realistically it’s something you have to come to terms with I think. Before Covid there were still colds and flus about and nowhere near as many cleaning/precautions as there are now. I think we can either live our life, taking sensible precautions, or be alive but not living, if you just try to avoid all risk.

Yes at some point in your life you will catch something. It’s not ideal but realistically it’s something you have to come to terms with I think. Before Covid there were still colds and flus about and nowhere near as many cleaning/precautions as there are now. I think we can either live our life, taking sensible precautions, or be alive but not living, if you just try to avoid all risk.
Your right. Feels like I'm just surviving & not thriving atm.
I've taken the intitative & I'm going to a christmas wonderland on Monday with my over protective husband. Its outside & as much as i like kids, I'm hoping it'll be quiet as most will be in bed for school .
I won't be telling my cf team, as i don't think they'd appreciate it.
You gave me the push i needed. Thank you.

My first outing was to a matinee theatre performance of Dirty Dancing. Matinees are usually not fully booked, so for me that was a good way to ease myself into it. People had to wear masks and show Covid vaccination proof to get into the theatre so it felt quite safe. I am not ready to enter a pub or restaurant for a meal yet unless they are very quiet, but I have been to the theatre again and visited close friends in their own houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back