Sharps bin

Status
Not open for further replies.

The robin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Hi all. Just wondering if anyone else is having a problem getting their sharps bin.
I get my 5/7 litre sharps bin on prescription but cannot currently get one. The pharmacy has told me they are out of stock!!
I informed my doctors of this ,they asked me to ring round various pharmacies to see if anyone could order me one but to no avail. One even told me there is a supplier issue and they are no longer making them.
Judy

That's intriguing @The robin - I've not ordered a sharps been for a while but am due one so will order and report back if I have any problems!

Could you "get by" with a smaller bin?

I have a 4l sharps bin one. It takes me about 18 months to fill (and that includes my partner's safety razors) so I've not ordered a new one for the last year. But there may be more options is you go down in size.

Could you "get by" with a smaller bin?

I have a 4l sharps bin one. It takes me about 18 months to fill (and that includes my partner's safety razors) so I've not ordered a new one for the last year. But there may be more options is you go down in size.
It takes me 3 months to fill a 5 litre. I use a 1 litre in my bedroom and I have a spare one of those but apparently it’s all sizes that are unavailable.
A pharmacist told me today that she thinks it’s just short term and they maybe just changing the labelling/style etc.

There's plenty available on amazon

I tried four pharmacies, then I had an appointment with endo in the local hospital and had to go to the pharmacy there for something and asked - finally got one!

I have just arranged a collection of my 2.5 litre bin and have been promised a replacement one.
I shall wait to see if it works out as planned.

it seems the arrangements are different in each area,

I get mine supplied by the city council, and when it is full, I just email them and they come and collect it and leave me a replacement

I email our council to come and collect mine but we don’t have the option to request a replacement. Must admit that would be ideal.

Ring Daniels and ask them directly - they supply most of what is used in the UK.

They don't supply to individuals though - tried that when they were clients of mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back