Shaking,high or low?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naw

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
hey folks im new to this site,one thing i cant get my head around is i shake inside so much i feel like im vibrating.im not sure whether this is because of high or low levels as i was told not to monitor my numbers,how i know what to do when this happens i have no clue,advice would be greatly appreciated ,thanks

Buy own bg meter, some cheap ones available with cheaper test strips than big name brands. Best to see dr about shaking anyway, no one here can say what's causing it.

hey folks im new to this site,one thing i cant get my head around is i shake inside so much i feel like im vibrating.im not sure whether this is because of high or low levels as i was told not to monitor my numbers,how i know what to do when this happens i have no clue,advice would be greatly appreciated ,thanks
Hi me again, from your other thread. The medication you are on shouldn’t allow you to be properly low. However the feelings you are having can come from the highs suddenly dropping which can cause some unsettling feelings. They call them false hypos. As we rise higher than the average person when we do drop to lower levels we really feel them. The best corse of action is to try and and reduce the spikes. Without testing yourself regularly you are going to find this very difficult to do. Mornings are always worse. Exercise at this time can be very beneficial and can make you feel human again. I know when your feeling that way it’s the last thing you want to do but it really does help.

Hi me again, from your other thread. The medication you are on shouldn’t allow you to be properly low. However the feelings you are having can come from the highs suddenly dropping which can cause some unsettling feelings. They call them false hypos. As we rise higher than the average person when we do drop to lower levels we really feel them. The best corse of action is to try and and reduce the spikes. Without testing yourself regularly you are going to find this very difficult to do. Mornings are always worse. Exercise at this time can be very beneficial and can make you feel human again. I know when your feeling that way it’s the last thing you want to do but it really does help.
hi emma thanks for the advice again,its when i do a bit too much which dosnt have to be a lot walking can set it off or a short burst of lifting at work can make my legs feel week and i get so shaky i can see my hands shake

hi emma thanks for the advice again,its when i do a bit too much which dosnt have to be a lot walking can set it off or a short burst of lifting at work can make my legs feel week and i get so shaky i can see my hands shake
It certainly sounds as if a monitor would be beneficial so you can test whether you are genuinely low rather than as Emma describes the False Hypos.

Hi welcome,

this is why testing is a great way to learn what’s going on with our sugar levels,
it’s a shame many GP‘s & other Health Care Professionals don’t encourage more T2’s
to regular monitoring

@naw If you can take a break after the exertion try sitting down with a warm drink - if you are in the cool months, and slowly chew some raisins - that would be 3 or 4, one at a time.
Grapes would do the trick too if it happens at home and there are some available, again only 3 or 4.
If the feeling subsides then it was most likely a sudden downturn in glucose levels, a false hypo, and the small amount of fructose plus the tea or coffee (even a few sips of plain water) to rehydrate after the exercise does the trick. It should soon pass as you adapt to lower glucose levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back