Severe headaches when BG in range

Status
Not open for further replies.

robyn2211

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
1 year as a Type 1, and recently done the DAPHNE course which I found super helpful however I have noticed i am now more frequently getting daily headaches that don’t go away and are so painful; done the usual checks like eyes dentist, time away from screens etc.
After making note of when I get them, it’s always when my BG in is range, so under 10mmol.
Anyone else experience this? Is it like withdrawal?! Or because I now take more insulin?
I know i should prob make a docs appointment but that isn’t so easy at the moment. Any advice or handy tips welcome!

Do you have a Libre @robyn2211 ? Are you sure you’re not having low sugars without realising it? Hypos can cause headaches. Also, if you’re above 10 a fair bit, you could be dehydrated.

My other thought is that it’s simply your body adjusting to more normal blood sugars. Was your blood sugar high before you did the DAFNE course?

My final thought is that the correlation with your blood sugar is just a coincidence and there’s a non-diabetes related cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back