setting font sizes on this site

Status
Not open for further replies.

void

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Hi, not sure where this would go as it's a q about the server and not about diabetes.

I find the fonts are too large and was surprised that there wasn't a setting for this within
the preferences. have I just failed to find where the setting is?

I think there's an addon or two for firefox that'll allow me to size the fonts on a per-site
basis. It's no biggie, if there's no preferences setting on the server that allows it, I'll go
down the add-on route. This is the only site with this issue for me.

That’s curious @void, and not something we often hear as feedback. Which browser are you using? Is it on a computer or handheld device?

The font sizes are pretty consistent with other websites on the devices I use. How different is it on thr forum vs other sites for you?

95% of the time use firefox on linux on desktops. I don't use the site on android much at all.
This site is consistently in bold, to my eyes. In comparison with other websites where you'd expect bold to be in the headers/frame titles but not in the bit you'd type in (and without bold enabled)

Probably better explained if I can post some screenshots? is that ok?

I was just surprised one can't set the font or the size in preferences like one can in for instance phpbb3

Sounds like you have the forum in "high contrast"
Click on your avatar, top right.
Select preferences.
Select Style - if its not on default, select that.

Sounds like you have the forum in "high contrast"
Click on your avatar, top right.
Select preferences.
Select Style - if its not on default, select that.
nearly - was using dark mode!

dark reader is a good ff addon so am using that instead. I'd like this bit where one types to be in a smaller and perhaps different font though

dark reader is a good ff addon so am using that instead. I'd like this bit where one types to be in a smaller and perhaps different font though

You can choose the font size when you type a reply. Just click on the TT symbol.

But bear in mind the people reading it. I wouldn’t read a post that was typed in the small sizes I used above. Best to stick to the preset size IMO.

You can choose the font size when you type a reply. Just click on the TT symbol.

But bear in mind the people reading it. I wouldn’t read a post that was typed in the small sizes I used above. Best to stick to the preset size IMO.
Interesting all the symbols on the reply box are greyed out on my laptop.

I'd like it to be a global setting in preferences rather than having to do that every time in reply. Not tested it yet but I also think it wouldn't do anything for a viewed post.

It's ok, I can get a 3rd party addon to take care of it.

I'd like it to be a global setting in preferences rather than having to do that every time in reply. Not tested it yet but I also think it wouldn't do anything for a viewed post.

No, it wouldn’t affect a viewed post, but can you not just alter the font size for this website on your device? I’ve just done it on my iPad to make sure it works.

No, it wouldn’t affect a viewed post, but can you not just alter the font size for this website on your device? I’ve just done it on my iPad to make sure it works.
without a 3rd party addon, that would affect every website not just this one.

without a 3rd party addon, that would affect every website not just this one.

Yes, unless you changed it for this one alone. It’s weird how the problem is only affecting this one site though. I wonder what’s causing that?

I can make it smaller/finer by hitting ctrl/-. rn it's at 80% and it's fine for me [1]
The cause can be down to a whole load of things, many of them local rather than the site.

I can make it smaller/finer by hitting ctrl/-. rn it's at 80% and it's fine for me [1]
The cause can be down to a whole load of things, many of them local rather than the site.
I should correct myself here. Changing the size with ctrl/- does it for the page one is on. click onto another page and it's back to where it was. I think it's got to be my browser though. it happens with chromium too

Last edited:

You haven’t set the ‘high contrast’ theme have you?

That boosts font size, increases contrast, and increases spacing to improve legibility for people with dyslexia or reduced vision.

The control is in the footer, on the left.

Does that say ‘default theme’ or ‘high contrast’?

1674250932426.jpeg

yup

1674253123676.png

same goes for chromium on desktop. It's not an issue for firefox on android 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back