Separate review for Chronic Kidney Disease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flower

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Slightly worried by 2 separate requests this evening from my GP for an annual diabetes review & blood tests - I usually pass on this one as my pump clinic is due in a few months- and another request for a Chronic Kidney Disease long term condition review with blood tests and a phone consultation. I've got CKD, I've had it for years and the results bobble around between so-so and a bit more worrying but I've not had it separated out as a condition before, it's always been covered in my diabetes review.

I'll ring and find out why tomorrow, I can't access my hospital blood tests on the gp system but it's got me a bit worried this evening. My diabetes pump clinic hasn't flagged anything up since the last appointment.

Has anyone else had a separate request for a CKD review?

Sorry to hear this has you worried Flower. I wonder if it is just that they have a nurse to do the diabetes review but the CKD is beyond her remit and needs to be reviewed by a GP? That is all I can come up with.... Hope it just turns out to be a administrative/logistical issue rather than anything untoward. You have enough concerns on your plate without adding to them. Sending (((HUGS)))

Thanks @rebrascora , I did think no more please! It's really rattled me this evening, I had a few appointments about it years back but my levels although lower than they should be have been relatively stable. Ah well I guess I'll find out soon enough, please be an admin blip :(

Sorry to hear you’ve been worried @Flower

Hope it all turns out to be nothing to be concerned about.

I’ve had minimal contact and no bloods from either my hospital or GP surgery since Covid19 kyboshed the healthcare system.

Still feels very much like they are keeping their heads down and hoping folks leave them along while they work through the backlog.

Just a remote pump start, and one phone call pump review from the hospital, plus a nag about medication review from the GPs since 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back