Sensors - sof or enlite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julia

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all,
I am really really struggling to get my HbA1c down and have decided to consider sensors for 6 months or so (perhaps intermittently, as funds allow - can't really afford it, but things like trying to get a mortgage can wait).

The clinic has said they can lend me a transmitter for 6 months, but I have to buy the actual sensors.

Earlier this year I used an enlite sensor for 6 days and thought it was brilliant.

Does anyone have any comments about sof sensors vs enlite sensors. The sof are ?40 a sensor and the enlite are ?55 a sensor. What are the advantages of the enlite over the sof sensors?

Thank you for your comments and advice!
Julia

Hi Julia,

Alex (14) has used both sof and enlites and the enlites and absolutely without a doubt much much better than sofs!🙂

The sofs caused skin irritation all the time - they sometimes caused infections - they were difficult and painful to insert - they werent as accurate as we would have liked.

The enlites are easy peasy to insert - different adhesive so no skin irritation at all - not painful - and much more accurate than the sofs - they arent great after around 14mmols as they have a hard time catching up - but anything under that they are really good and often spot on with the meter. I would much rather pay the extra for the enlites than the sofs as the difference is so noticable. I hope that helps.🙂Bev

Good luck with this. I to have only had lend of transmiter for a week. 🙂

Thank you for your replies! Thanks, Bev, that helps a lot in the decision making.
That website looks interesting. You have to register, but I'll have a good look round later.
I think I'll start with a box of enlites and see how it goes....

Hope using sensors works for you, Julia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back