Sensor

Stane

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi, i wonder if someone can help me, my sensor( libre2), has not been login in and making click in sound bit was doing reading, i had to change it this morning and i can not make it work, any tips?
Thank you

Sorry to hear you are having a tough time with your Libre2 sensor @Stane

It might help to call the Abbott helpline to report the problems you’ve been having. They can talk you through troubleshooting your sensor, and may be able to replace any that haven’t worked correctly.

Did it begin the startup process when you scanned it?

Do you use your phone or the standalone reader to receive your glucose levels?

Sorry to hear you are having a tough time with your Libre2 sensor @Stane

It might help to call the Abbott helpline to report the problems you’ve been having. They can talk you through troubleshooting your sensor, and may be able to replace any that haven’t worked correctly.

Did it begin the startup process when you scanned it?

Do you use your phone or the standalone reader to receive your glucose levels?
Thank you, i use phone…. I will try later

Do you use Bluetooth and NFC on your phone for other things? (eg Apple Pay for NFC, and connecting to headphones or your car for Bluetooth)

Would be good to know that Bluetooth and NFC are working OK.

What iOS does your phone use? Has it automatically updated to v18?

Edit: Actually… just checked, and iOS 18 isn’t launched until next week so it won’t be that!

Do you use Bluetooth and NFC on your phone for other things? (eg Apple Pay for NFC, and connecting to headphones or your car for Bluetooth)

Would be good to know that Bluetooth and NFC are working OK.

What iOS does your phone use? Has it automatically updated to v18?

Edit: Actually… just checked, and iOS 18 isn’t launched until next week so it won’t be that!
Interesting,
My apple pay has not been working too!
I have i phone 6 se

Interesting,
My apple pay has not been working too!
I have i phone 6 se
Sounds like your NFC chip may have failed. iPhone 6 is quite an old handset (discontinued 2016) - it may also no longer be able to run the most up to date versions of software, which can cause problems.

Maybe it’s worth considering upgrading to a more recent phone?

Sounds like your NFC chip may have failed. iPhone 6 is quite an old handset (discontinued 2016) - it may also no longer be able to run the most up to date versions of software, which can cause problems.

Maybe it’s worth considering upgrading to a more recent phone?
Oh dear i only got this one year ago,
Am not good at all of this , will need help,, i did speak to abbott this morning, deleted my app, downloaded new one , put new sensor… and nothing… still not working,
I find these sort of things so stressful… will see if my husband can try once home from work, thank you so much for helping

Is it possible that you invertedly turned off the NFC feature on your phone?
I do not use fruit based phone so cannot help but maybe another iPhone use can provide directions to check.

Hi Stane, it seems the same problem to the thread I posted yesterday in exasperation, as my husband couldn't get sensor to connect via bluetooth on iPhone SE and also finds it extremely panicky/stressful too.
Only learnt about NFC rather than Bluetooth being used for readings today.

Only learnt about NFC rather than Bluetooth being used for readings today.
NFC is used for initialisation and scanning. It was the only thing available with the original Libre sensors. Bluetooth was added with Libre 2 and was used for alarms, and then extended to be the main thing used (the sensors send a glucose reading (using BLE, low-energy Bluetooth) every minute which is how the alarms work so extending its use was a small change), but they kept NFC for initialisation and NFC still works for scanning.

So most people, most of the time, get readings using Bluetooth. You need NFC for initialisation and (occasionally) scanning to fill in gaps (when your phone is charging and you're too far away from it, for example).

I wonder if you ring Abbott and explain that your phone is no longer able to work with your Libre sensors because it is so old and can they provide you with a reader. I love using the reader. It is more simple than using the phone app but so much more reliable and smaller. You have to scan to get each reading but you can scan as many times as you like/need to and it usually picks up the signal better than an old phone. I actually have an iphone 8SE which works OK and I use as a back up for if the reader is on change and I leave home without it, but I much prefer using the reader for it's simplicity and if your phone no longer works with the Libre system then Abbott should provide you with a reader I believe.

O dear, this is so complicated!
I just put new sensor on and id definitely not that… something to do with phone.
I have not heard about reader until today!
Thank you so much everyone.

Back