Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elizabethe

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
My sensors for the past two years have been applied with no issues. Today I inserted the sensor as due to be started tomorrow. It was sore on being inserted then out for lunch with a friend who noticed the blood on my shirt. Hopefully it will work fine tomorrow. Has this happened to anyone else.

Attachments

• IMG_3798.png
    IMG_3798.png
    225.1 KB · Views: 6
Yes it should work fine just wipe off the blood and rinse off clothes with cold water before washing rhem

The bleeders that I have had have worked fine, so don’t abandon it yet. Just keep an eye on what is happening and perhaps check with some fingerpricks if you are in doubt.

Some people say libres that bleed are particularly accurate - bleeders are readers

So far rubbish. Finger prick 5.4 sensor 7.4. Now sensor 11.4 and rising finger prick 8.4. Will give it till tomorrow.
I had the this problem when I had a bleeder (Dexcom) You will suddenly find your alarms will go into overdrive telling you that you are either massively high or dangerously low. I ended up ditching the sensor.

I had a Libre bleeder once, felt some minor pain as the sensor was applied, it failed to initialise, l guess the blood contaminated the sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back