Sensor issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

May Rhymer

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello everyone,
My husband had 5 out of range alarms last night again! His phone was on the bedside table next to him.
Is anyone having the same issues?
Does anyone have a work around or suggestions please?
Many thanks
May.

Hello, which phone. What type of sensor?
Do you have a metal frame bed? Any other devices in the room?
Does your husband keep the phone on charge next to the bed overnight? (Covering all angles.)

Hi,
He has a Libre 2, a Samsung A53 and sleeps in a wooden bed.
He has a Kindle which he uses every night
No, he doesn't keep his phone on charge over night.
Many thanks
May

Hi,
He has a Libre 2, a Samsung A53 and sleeps in a wooden bed.
He has a Kindle which he uses every night
No, he doesn't keep his phone on charge over night.
Many thanks
May
Sorry for the odd questions. Trying to determine possible interference or disruption to the BT signal.
Your husband could try leaving the phone plugged in on charge overnight? I find mine can pick up and low alarm the other side of the house.

Oops sorry, he did change his phone recently to establish if this would help, to no avail .

I just disable the out of range alarm. I have never found it helpful for anything other than draining the battery. I still get high and low alarms unless I am a long way away from my device, but by the bed next to him should be no problem. That said, I have read that Samsung are quite poor for BT reception.

Sorry to hear about the loss of signal alarms your husband has been having - they can be so wearisome!

Has he completely powered-down his phone and restarted it?

Does he use his phone’s Bluetooth connection for anything else? (helpful to establish it is working properly). It can also be worth bearing in mind how many BT connections are running at the same time? In case it’s a bit congested with the phone constantly checking for devices that aren’t currently being used.

I just disable the out of range alarm. I have never found it helpful for anything other than draining the battery. I still get high and low alarms unless I am a long way away from my device, but by the bed next to him should be no problem. That said, I have read that Samsung are quite poor for BT reception.
Many thanks for your helpful response, we'll try that .

I’ve recent had to change a Samsung a‘ phone to an ’s’ one as the Bluetooth wasn’t strong enough to connectt consistently tomypump and dexcom. Worth trying another phone if you have one, the a Bluetooth on some Samsungs isn’t great I think

I’ve recent had to change a Samsung a‘ phone to an ’s’ one as the Bluetooth wasn’t strong enough to connectt consistently tomypump and dexcom. Worth trying another phone if you have one, the a Bluetooth on some Samsungs isn’t great I think
That’s interesting. Thanks. Mine is sort of in the “S” range. (What ever that means.) No issue with BT. (Haven’t understood the negative reviews?) Just need to reliably run a Libre.
Just googled. Seems to reflect on the “build quality?” https://www.trustedreviews.com/vers...fference between,on most Galaxy A smartphones.

When you say out of range do you mean signal loss or a high or low alarm, you can disable the signal loss alarm. To be honest I did read out of range as a high or low alarm.

Libre uses Bluetooth low energy to broadcast its readings it could well be that the Kindle is blocking the signal.

Any modern smart phones bluetooth will be far stronger than the signal the Libre sends, Bluetooth works a master and slave system, the CGM sends the data so it becomes the master and the phone is the slave so the phones bluetooth range has little to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back