sensitive nueropathy feets in the morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Heya, despite the sensitivity going away, it came back this morning with a vengeance. When I get out of bed, soon as i put my feet on the floor theyre so sensitive, its like a wierd shooting sensation. Then its gone.

Anyone have any idea of how I can stop this from happening? Its bloody horrible. Would putting a pair of slippers on straight away help? Or having something like slipper socks on?

What about some Totes? Those kind of sock meets slipper type things? Keeping your feet warm in bed might help before getting up.....

I must confess to loving bed socks myself for the same reason. Got neuropathy too (I dont suffer the pain you do though) but cold feet all the time just added to the pain.

Yes, I wear bedsocks. Nice!

hmmm, the pain is pretty mild i gotta say - just the odd shooting pain every now and then now, mainly in the evening. No pins and needles, or well, only if i bend down to do something. Dunno what happened the other day while at work, that was just wiiieeerrrdddd.

And I only get the epic sensitives in the morning. And again, they come and go. Very strange.

Hopefully my bedsocks will dry soon!

I wear bed socks too to try and keep my feet warm, because I always have very cold feet, i've got in and just put my bed socks on already.
I find that the first time I put my feet on the floor in the morning is really bad pain and I have to hobble to the toilet. By the time I get out the shower it's eased off. I haven't found anything that helps it really, but as it goes off pretty quickly it's not too bad.

Just wondering Sam have they checked your back out before, because as you mention that you get pins and needles when you bend over. When i was first diagnosed they examined my back because sometimes trapped nerves in the spine can cause these same type of pains.

I wear bed socks too to try and keep my feet warm, because I always have very cold feet, i've got in and just put my bed socks on already.
I find that the first time I put my feet on the floor in the morning is really bad pain and I have to hobble to the toilet. By the time I get out the shower it's eased off. I haven't found anything that helps it really, but as it goes off pretty quickly it's not too bad.

Just wondering Sam have they checked your back out before, because as you mention that you get pins and needles when you bend over. When i was first diagnosed they examined my back because sometimes trapped nerves in the spine can cause these same type of pains.

erm nope...no back check....very strange. But then again, i get pins and needles if i cross my legs too :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back