Senior School Priority - T1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dadandlad2023

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi

My son is due to go to senior's in 2024, he is currently year 5.

I know some schools have a priority list for people with disabilities in regards to admission. I wonder if you know or have come across this in the past? I am struggling to find any information on it.

Thank You

Hi

I know some schools have a priority list for people with disabilities in regards to admission. I wonder if you know or have come across this in the past? I am struggling to find any information on it.

Thank You
Hello @dadandlad2023 ,

It may be best to contact our helpline regarding our advocacy self empowerment service for this.

I can’t help with your question, and as @Josh DUK has said the helpline will be a good place to start. If the person you speak to doesn't know they will be able to find out for you.

All secondary schools should be able to help your son with the transition. Your PDSN will be able to help you to agree an Individual Health Care Plan (or equivalent) and ensure that that is in place before he starts in a new school. I suspect there is already one in place in his current school. The secondary ones often reflect the greater independence that the child usually have by then, and the fact that they are usually moving from room to room throughout the day.

There are a few of us on here who are/were teachers and can offer tips. Just ask.

Hi

Thank You

Google the name of your local council with one or more of these words: admissions policy, fair access protocol, fair access scheme. You should then see the categories, which generally include CIC, previously excluded children, children with medical needs, etc.

Are you concerned your son won’t get a place at the most appropriate school for him @dadandlad2023 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back