Semaglutide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suz1971

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi
3 days ago I started on 7mg semaglutide after taking 3mg for a month, since upping my dose I’ve been plagued with horrendous headaches and nausea (rendering me pretty useless ) the nausea I had before when I first started taking it but was managing it well once I figured portion sizes and triggers but I wondered if anyone has experienced the same when the dose was increased? And how long did it last?
Thanks

Hello, I am experiencing similar acute side effects, nausea, heartburn & indigestion after taking 7mg for 5 days. Had very little problems for the previous month on 3mg. Any observations/help from other users would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Hi both
Speak to your GP/Nurse about going back to the dose you were originally on and look to where you can make some other changes to your diet to help blood glucose levels.

Hi both
Speak to your GP/Nurse about going back to the dose you were originally on and look to where you can make some other changes to your diet to help blood glucose levels.
Thanks for taking the time to post and the advice, will definitely do that.

Sorry to hear you’ve foynd taking the larger doses more difficult @Suz1971 and @Lyndy

Hope things settle for you soon 🙂

Thanks for taking the time to post and the advice, will definitely do that.
Leadinglights you were spot on, thank you. Eventually got a phone call from GP - dropping down to the lower dose which I could take and blood test in 2 months. Now to investigate dietary tweaks. Got so much to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back